Selection Criteria for New Applicants
- Students must complete all CUNY admissions requirements, including the CUNY Assessment Test. Students may apply to ASAP at the same time they apply to CUNY, but their ASAP application will not be formally considered until their CUNY Assessment test scores are available.
- All students must be New York City residents.
- Current CUNY or transfer students may have 15 or fewer college credits at the completion of the semester prior to entering the program. Continuing and transfer students must demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Students must receive some need-based financial aid (see section on Income Eligibility).
- All students must agree to enter into an Associate degree program (A.A., A.S., or A.A.S.) on a full-time basis (minimum 12 credits per semester) in an ASAP-approved major.
- All students must commit to attend program activities, review sessions, workshops and bi-weekly meetings with an ASAP advisor.
- All students must be fully skills proficient or have no more than two outstanding developmental course needs based on their
scores on the CUNY Assessment Tests in reading, writing and math. Students with two developmental course needs must
enroll in the CUNY Summer Immersion program. Their ASAP application will be considered conditional until they successfully
resolve one of the two developmental courses. Students with one developmental need are strongly encouraged to enroll in
Summer Immersion as well.
Click here to see if you meet ASAP general criteria.