Get Started: Freshman
Attention Freshman Applicant
There is still time to attend Bronx Community College for the Spring 2014 Semester
SAT or ACT Tests
If you have already taken the SAT and/or ACT tests, based on your scores you may be exempt from having to take the CUNY assessment tests Exemption Requirements
Letters will go out 6 to 8 weeks after your application is complete (after the February 1 or September 15 priority deadlines). You can check the status of your submitted application at your CUNY portal account. Check your Application Status
You can also call the processing center's automated system at the Office of Admissions Services at (212) 997-2869. For further information, see CUNY's Information on Admission Decisions
Exemptions from CUNY Skills Assessment Tests
- Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in the United States may be exempt from testing. Students whose degree is from a non-English speaking country should take the English as a Second Language (ESL) placement test.
- Students who have taken the exam previously may wish to accept the results of their prior exam.
- Students have the option of retesting to improve his/her scores if the initial exam was taken more than two years earlier.
Entering students are exempt from tests when they qualify:
Reading and Writing
- SAT verbal score 480 or above
- ACT score 20 or above on the verbal section
- English Language Regents exam 75
- A grade of C or better in freshman composition or a higher level English course
- SAT I math score 480 or above
- ACT math score 20 or above
- 80 or above on any one Regents exam (Integrated Algebra, Geometry or Algebra 2 & Trigonometry) and successful completion of Algebra 2 & Trigonometry or a higher-level course”
- A grade of C or better in 3-credit or more mathematics course
- Proof must be submitted to the Admission’s Office
- Students who are exempt from the math skills test are still required to take that test for placement into the appropriate math courses.