Bronx Community College Bronco Account
Terms and Conditions
Please read and acknowledge this Agreement before activating and using your Bronco Account. It contains the terms and conditions of the Bronco Account linked to your BroncoCard. By adding value, registering for online Bronco Account access and/or using your BroncoCard, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
2) BroncoCard Description.
The BroncoCard is a multi-purpose ID card that can be used to access the following services:
This Agreement governs use of the BroncoCard as an access device for Your Bronco Account. Other functions and applications of the BroncoCard are subject to the rules and regulations of the College and BCCASC applicable to those functions and applications. Your BroncoCard at all times remains the property of Bronx Community College.
3) Bronco Account.
Eligible Cardholders may, at their option, use the BroncoCard as a stored-value card to access one or more pre-paid wallets or to store Bronco Bucks. By opening a Bronco Account, you agree to be legally bound by all terms and conditions set forth in this and other related BCCASC agreements.
The BroncoCard is not a credit card, debit card, or ATM card, and there is no credit account or deposit account associated with the Bronco Account. Bronco Account balances do not accrue interest or other earnings. BCCASC is not acting as a trustee or fiduciary with respect to funds in Bronco Accounts. The BroncoCard cannot be used to make cash withdrawals, cash transfers or cash advances from a Bronco Account. There are no refunds except as provided in this Agreement.
Bronco Account funds carry over from semester to semester until you separate from the College, as defined in this Agreement, except where otherwise provided (see "Multiple Wallets" below).
4) Multiple Wallets.
Your BroncoCard may be associated with multiple wallets. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, certain types of wallets are subject to restrictions other than those herein with respect to eligibility, use of funds, sales tax, refund-ability, carry over of funds from semester to semester, and other terms and conditions.
You may have access to the following account types:
5) BroncoCard Office Contact Information.
The BroncoCard Office may be contacted (i) by email at BroncoCard@bcc.cuny.edu (ii) by phone at (718) 289-5458 during regularly scheduled office hours, (iii) in person at the BroncoCard Office during regularly scheduled office hours, and (iv) in writing to the BroncoCard Office, Campus and Auxiliary Services, Snow Hall. You may also get support by visiting the BroncoCard Website at www.bcc.cuny.edu/BroncoCard.
6) BroncoCard Account Eligibility.
- You are an officially registered student at the College who has been financially cleared in accordance with College and CUNY policy, a College employee, or a designated affiliate of the College;
- You are at least 18 years of age, or, if you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian has read and agreed to these terms and conditions on your behalf; and
- You have read and understood this Agreement and agree that you will be bound by and will comply with all of its terms and conditions.
If you do not agree with all of these statements and meet the above requirements, you may not use the Bronco Account feature of your BroncoCard.
7) Adding Value to Your BroncoCard Account.
- The Bronco Bucks wallet is automatically enabled when you receive your card.
- Bronco Bucks may be purchased at the beginning of the semester through the Student Bill process, by using the "Bill and Payment Adjustment Form" to request that an optional charge be added to the student's account.
- Online Community System: You and your Contributors may add value to your BroncoCard Account on the Online Community System using a credit card, subject to limitations provided herein. MasterCard, Visa and American Express will be accepted.
- Cash Management Centers: You may add value to Your BroncoCard account at the CMC's with cash or credit card.
- In Person: Value may be added to Your BroncoCard Account by credit card or cash by coming directly to the Bursar's Office located Colston Hall, Main Level.
In the event that any transfer of value to Your Bronco Account becomes subject to a chargeback after value has been credited to the Bronco Account, BCC will be entitled to recover the full amount of the charged-back payment by deducting an equivalent amount from your Bronco Account plus any fees incurred as the result of the chargeback.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any request to add value to Your Bronco Account and to establish limits regarding the minimum and maximum value that may be added to your Bronco Account.
Please note the minimum credit card deposit permitted is $25.00. Minimum cash deposit permitted is $20.00. All deposits regardless of tender must be made in increments of $5.00 only.
8) Accessing BroncoCard Account Information.
You may obtain information regarding Your Bronco Account usage, including your wallet balances and recent transactions, by logging on to the Online Community System. https://eacct-cuny-bronx-sp.blackboard.com/eAccounts.
Questions regarding your Bronco Account balances and transactions should be made in writing to the BroncoCard Office or by email at BroncoCard@bcc.cuny.edu. Email communications to the BroncoCard Office must be made using your official College email address.
You will not receive periodic statements regarding your BroncoCard Account balances or transactions, but they are available online at: https://eacct-cuny-bronx-sp.blackboard.com/eAccounts.
9) Making Purchases with Your BroncoCard.
- Your BroncoCard can only be used for purchases of goods and services at accepting locations. Purchases are subject to sales tax where applicable.
- Your BroncoCard must be presented at the time of purchase and is the only means of accessing Your Bronco Account.
- You are responsible for use of Your BroncoCard in accordance with the instructions at the accepting location.
- You must have sufficient value available in your Bronco Account to pay for each transaction.
- Each time a BroncoCard is used to pay for a transaction, the amount of the transaction will be deducted from your Bronco Account. Transactions are not always instantaneously deducted from your Bronco Account. You are responsible for monitoring your account balance and for observing the transaction amount at the point and time of sale. You are responsible for all purchases made with your BroncoCard and for any shortfall in your BroncoCard Account as set forth in "Account Shortfalls," below.
- We reserve the right to establish daily spending limits, minimum and maximum transaction amounts, and/or limit purchases made with the BroncoCard to approved goods and services.
10) Disputes/Returns/Refunds for Purchases Made with BroncoCard.
You agree to work and resolve all disputes about purchases made using your BroncoCard with the applicable Accepting Location. Requests for returns or refunds for purchases are subject to the policy of the Accepting Location. If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for goods or services obtained with your BroncoCard, the refund will be credited to your Bronco Account. No cash refund(s) will be made for purchases with Your BroncoCard.
11) Account Shortfalls.
If, for any reason, a transaction is processed for more than the value in Your Bronco Account, you are liable for the resulting shortfall in your Bronco Account. You agree to promptly add value to your Bronco Account to cover any shortfall. BCC will automatically deduct, without prior notice, the amount of any shortfall from any value in your Bronco Account. In addition, we reserve the right to (i) request payment upon demand of the amount of any shortfall; (ii) suspend your Bronco Account until payment of any shortfall is made in whole and (iii) use any other means available to collect the amounts owing.
All financial obligations for a student's Bronco Account must be satisfied in full before the student will be permitted to receive transcripts, receive a diploma, or register for classes.
Your BroncoCard Account is subject to the following fees, where applicable:
|Initial Card issued:||No Charge|
|Card Replacement Fees*: replacement card:||$10.00|
* No fee will be charged for the replacement of cards due to normal wear and tear damage. Damaged cards must be surrendered at time of replacement.
|Maintenance Fee after Separation from College:||$5.00 per month|
|Refund Processing Fee:||$10.00|
|Returned Payment/Check Fee:||$20.00|
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the College and BCCASC will not charge any fees in connection with the use of the Bronco Account.
13) Lost or Stolen BroncoCard.
You are responsible for safeguarding Your BroncoCard. The cardholder is responsible for all use of their card prior to proper notification of a lost/stolen BroncoCard. A lost or stolen BroncoCard should be immediately deactivated by going to: https://eacct-cuny-bronx-sp.blackboard.com/eAccounts and selecting "Card Services" from the ribbon and selecting the option to deactivate the card. Cards can also be deactivated by contacting the BroncoCard Office during regular business hours by phone at (718) 982-2294. The College and/or BCCASC is not liable for a lost or stolen BroncoCard. If your BroncoCard is found within two (2) days after it has been reported lost or stolen, and a replacement card has not been issued, you may reactivate your BroncoCard online or in person at the BroncoCard Office. You cannot reactivate Your BroncoCard online or over the phone.
14) Replacement Cards.
A damaged or defaced card is not valid and must be replaced by the BroncoCard Office. The initial card is provided at no charge. A replacement cost will be charged for a lost, stolen or damaged BroncoCard in accordance with Section 14 - Lost or Stolen Card, listed above. Damaged cards must be surrendered at time of replacement. Upon issuance of a replacement card, remaining available value in Your BroncoCard Account will be transferred to your replacement BroncoCard.
15) Separation from the College.
BroncoCard Accounts become invalid upon separation from the College. For the purpose of this Agreement, separation from the College shall mean:
- With respect to a student, (i) 30 days after the start of the second consecutive semester of non-registration, or (ii) upon graduation, dismissal, withdrawal, transfer to another college, expulsion or such other separation in accordance with the College's policies.
- With respect to an employee or affiliate, upon resignation, termination or such other separation in accordance with the College's policies.
16) BroncoCard Account Refund upon Separation from the College.
Accounts with zero balance will be closed. The amount of any monthly maintenance fee is not refundable in whole or in part and will not be restored even if you later request a refund.
Your rights and privileges under this Agreement are not transferable; they belong exclusively to you and may not be assigned to anyone else on a temporary or permanent basis. You may not reveal your Account login information or password(s) to anyone. Cards presented by anyone other than the proper holder of the card will be confiscated and returned to the BroncoCard Office.
18) Unauthorized Use.
If you use or attempt to use your BroncoCard or your Bronco Account for purposes other than permitted uses, including but not limited to tampering, hacking, altering, duplicating, modifying or otherwise corrupting the security or functionality of your BroncoCard or the BroncoCard Program, your Bronco Account will be terminated and you may be subject to disciplinary charges, civil and/or criminal prosecution.
19) Cancellation; Suspension of Use.
The BCCASC may, in its sole and absolute discretion, limit, suspend or cancel your use of your Bronco Account. The BCCASC and the College may refuse to activate a Bronco Account or may revoke BroncoCard privileges with or without notice. You agree not to use or attempt to use an expired, revoked or otherwise invalid BroncoCard.
20) Electronic BroncoCard Account Information and Communications.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, this Agreement and any other agreements, notices or other communications regarding your BroncoCard and Bronco Account ("Communications") may be provided to you electronically and you agree to receive all Communications from the BCCASC in electronic form. Electronic Communications may be posted on the BroncoCard Website and/or delivered to your official Bronx Community College email address. It is your responsibility to check your official College e-mail account regularly. You may print a copy of any Communications and retain it for your records.
All communications in either electronic or paper format will be considered to be in "writing," and to have been received whether or not you have received or retrieved the Communication.
21) Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties.
We will disclose information to third parties about your BroncoCard Account:
- where it is necessary for completing transactions;
- when the status of an account must be verified;
- in order to comply with government agency or court orders;
- if you have provided written permission;
- to entities contracted by the BCCASC to perform system support and maintenance, collections, and other services with respect to the BroncoCard Program, in order that they may perform those services;
- in order to prevent or investigate possible illegal activity; and
- where otherwise provided by law or by the policies and regulations of BCCASC, the College or CUNY.
22) Changes in Terms and Conditions.
Terms and conditions of this agreement are subject to change and will be posted in the BroncoCard Office and on the BroncoCard website. Your use of your BroncoCard on or after the effective date of change means that you accept and agree to the change. Prior notice need not be given where immediate change in the terms and conditions is necessary to maintain or protect the security of the BroncoCard Accounts.
23) Hold Harmless.
The BCCASC shall not be liable for any loss, cost, damage or expense incurred by you relating to the use or attempted use of Your BroncoCard by You or any other third party.
24) Governing Law and Rules and Regulations.
All uses of the BroncoCard and BroncoCard Account are governed by and subject to the laws and regulations of the United States, the State of New York, the City of New York, and by the rules and regulations of the City of New York and the Bronx Community College.