How to Claim Your Account for Faculty and Staff
Claim Your Account Power Point Presentation - pdf
Click here to download
How to Claim Your Account
|Step 1||Go to https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu|
|Step 2||Click First Time User|
|Step 4||Click OK.|
|Step 5||Select your Challenge Questions and Answers.
Choose each question from the drop down, and then type in your answer.
Don’t repeat questions.
Answers are not case sensitive and must be at least two characters long.
Choose your password.
|Step 7||After you have entered your password and confirmed it, click OK.|
Your CUNYfirst account is now activated. Please make note of your username and password and keep it in a safe place. You will need to update your password every 90 days.
- After you have claimed your account, you will receive a confirmation screen with your user name and EMPLID (Employee ID).
- Your CUNYfirst username typically will be your first name and last name, with a dot in-between the two names. Added to that would be the last two digits of your EMPLID.
For example, John Smith would be john.smith12
Your password is the password you entered when you claimed your account.
- Go to https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
- Enter Username / Password
- Click Submit
You are now logged into CUNYfirst
- Forgot Your Password?
- Visit CUNYfirst website, choose “Forgot your Password,” and follow the instructions.
If your account does not appear to be working properly, contact the BCC Information Technology HelpDesk by phone at (718) 289-5969 or email at HelpDesk@bcc.cuny.edu