- Bailey, T., & Alfonso, M. (2005). Paths to persistence: An analysis of research on program effectiveness at community colleges. New Agenda Series, 6 (1). Lumina Foundation for Education. Retrieved on July 8, 2008, from Teachers College, Columbia University. Community College Research Center Web site:
- Bailey, T. & Morest, V.S. (2006). “The Community College Equity Agenda in the Twenty-First Century: Moving from Access to Achievement.” In T. Bailey & V.S. Morest (Eds.), Defending the Community College Agenda (pp. 246-267). Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Bailey, T. (2007, April 9). A cutting edge formula for student success. Community College Week.
- Bloom, D. & Sommo, C. (2005). “Building Learning Communities: Early Results from the Opening Doors Demonstration at Kingsborough Community College.” Retrieved on July 8, 2008 from http://www.mdrc.org/publications/410/full.pdf
- Collins, A. et al. (1987). Cognitive apprenticeship: Teaching the craft of reading, writing and mathematics. Technical Report No. 403. Cambridge: BBN Laboratories.
- Conley, D.T. (2007). “Challenges in the transition from high school to college.” In N. Hoffman, J. Vargas, A. Venezia, & M.S. Miller (Eds.), Minding the Gap (pp. 93-104). Cambridge, MA: Harvard Education Press.
- Grubb, W.N., et al. (1999). Honored but invisible: An inside look at teaching in community colleges. New York: Routledge.
- Karp, M.M., Hughes, K.L., & O’Gara, L. (2008). An Exploration of Tinto’s Integration Framework for Community College Students. Working Paper No. 12. Retrieved on August 15, 2008, from Teachers College, Columbia University. Community College Research Center Web site: http://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/
- Schwartz, W., & Jenkins, D. (2007). Promising Practices for Community College Developmental Education. A Discussion Resource for the Connecticut Community College System. Retrieved on July 2, 2008, from Teachers College, Columbia University. Community College Research Center Web site: http://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/Publication.asp?uid=551
- Scrivener, S., Bloom, D., LeBlanc, A., Paxson, C., Rouse, C.E., & Sommo, C., et al. (2008, March). A good start: Two-year effects of a freshman learning community program at Kingsborough Community College. MDRC. Retrieved July 8, 2008, from http://www.mdrc.org/publications/473/overview.html
- Upcraft, M.L., Gardner, J.N. & Barefoot, B.O. (2004). Challenging and supporting the first-year student: A handbook for improving the first year of college. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Visher, M.G. Wathington, H., Richburg-Hayes, L. & Schneider, E. et al. (2008). The learning communities demonstration: Rationale, sites and research design. NCPR Working Paper. Retrieved on July 2, 2008, from Teachers College, Columbia University. National Center for Postsecondary Research Web site: http://www.postsecondaryresearch.org/
- Zeidenberg, M., Jenkins, D., & Calcagno, J.C. (2007). Do student success courses actually help community college students succeed? CCRC Brief No. 36. Retrieved on July 8, 2008, from Teachers College, Columbia University. Community College Research Center Web site: http://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/
Digital Storytelling Resources