CUNY Justice Academy (CJA) students are guaranteed admissions to John Jay College provided they meet the minimum entrance requirements:
- Graduate with their associate degree in Criminal Justice
- Obtain a minimum GPA of 2.0 for CRJ (or 2.5 if formally dismissed from John Jay College)
- Skills certified in Math (MTH 23) and English (ENG 11 and 12)
Learn more about making the transition to John Jay College
- CUNY Justice Academy (CJA) students do not have to fill out an application or pay a commitment fee.
- Graduating students will receive an invitation from the CJA, requesting their confirmation to start John Jay College for the upcoming semester.
- Once you have confirmed your decision to enroll at John Jay College, the CJA team will begin evaluating your transcripts.
- Once your transfer credits have been evaluated, the CJA team will contact you via email to attend an advisement session and register for classes at John Jay College.
Do’s and Don’ts Of Transitioning:
- Do ensure that you have a correct email on file via CUNY First. This is where your transitioning invitation will be sent!
- Do reach out to your Academic Success Coach to find out when to expect the transitioning confirmation link.
- Do fill out the transitioning confirmation link in a timely fashion.
- Do ensure that you complete all skill certification courses before your last semester (all remedial sequences must be complete).
- Do email CJA@jjay.cuny.edu for any questions regarding follow up for your transition.
- Do begin looking at Major and Minor options at John Jay! See all John Jay Majors and Minors.
- Don’t fill out an application into John Jay! As a CJA student your seat is guaranteed as long as you graduate with your 60 required credits and 2.0 GPA.
- Don’t neglect the transition email that John Jay sends you. This will delay your registration at John Jay.
- Don’t be impatient. Once you confirm your seat at John Jay it takes 3 to 4 weeks to review your degree audit. They will follow up with an email regarding recommended courses.