Tobacco Dependence Cessation Programs
In support of the tobacco-free campus policy, Bronx Community College provides the following tobacco cessation and prevention services. In addition, CUNY employees have access to the CUNY/Work Life Program and BCC employees and students can use the BCC Health Services Office for additional resources.
BCC resources include:
- Health Education in Health, Physical Education and Wellness Department (Cessation Programs): Loew Hall, Room 300, 718.289.5897
- Psychological Services in Student Development (Cessation Programs): Loew Hall, Room 210, 718.289.5873.
- BCC Health Services Office in Student Development: Loew Hall, Room101, 718.289.5858
New York City also provides an array of free or low-cost programs and resources to assist with smoking cessation.
New York City cessation programs include:
- NYS Smoker’s Quit Line: 866.697.8487 or www.nysmokefree.com and www.nyc.gov/apps/311 (please enter Quit Smoking Assistance).
- Employee Smoking Cessation Program (ESCAPE): 212.676.2393 or www.nyc.gov.
- CUNY Work/Life Program: 800.833.8707 or www.cuny.edu/worklife.
Bronx Resources for smoking cessation include:
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine: smoking cessation and tobacco programs and services, 718.430.2697
- Segundo Ruiz Belvis Diagnostic and Treatment Center: smoking cessation and tobacco programs and services, 545 East 142 Street, 718.519.2490
- Morrisania Diagnostic and Treatment Center: smoking cessation and tobacco free or reduced cost medications, 1225 Gerard Avenue, 718.579.4934
- Jacobi Medical Center: smoking cessation and tobacco free or reduced cost medications, 1400 Pelham Parkway, 718.918.3784
- North Central Bronx Hospital: smoking cessation and tobacco free or reduced cost medications, 3424 Kossuth Avenue, 718.519.2425
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center: smoking cessation and tobacco free or reduced cost medications, 234 East 149th Street, 718.579.4934
- NYS Smokers Quitline: 866.697.8487 (to locate resources in your area)
- American Cancer Society Quitline: 866.533.4396
- American Cancer Society: 800.227.2345
- American Lung Association: 800.315.8700