Reflecting on Our Community of Excellence
BCC Middle States (MSCHE) Self-Study & Updating the BCC Strategic Plan
As part of the requirements for maintaining accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), we engaged in a College-wide Self-Study process which culminated with a Self-Study Document, an onsite team visit March 24-27, 2019 and finally the MSCHE Evaluation & Report.
The entire campus community is invited to participate in the review of our Self-Study and in the formulation of recommendations, which will guide our new Strategic Plan. Access to Self-Study.
About Middle States
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Bronx Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). MSCHE is one seven organizations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a reliable authority concerning the quality of education offered by institutions of higher education and for certifying institutional eligibility for federal funding in a number of programs, including student access to federal financial aid.
In order to obtain and maintain accreditation with MSCHE, institutions are required to engage their campus communities in a self-study process every eight years to demonstrate the institution’s compliance with all MSCHE standards and requirements and to chart progress with respect to their own mission and goals. The process culminates with a self-study report and evaluation visit. BCC was reaccredited in 2019. The College’s next self-study is due in spring 2027 and will be followed by an evaluation visit of peer evaluators from other community colleges.
What does MSCHE expect?
An institution accredited by MSCHE:
- Has an appropriate mission (Standard I)
- Lives it with integrity (Standard II)
- Delivers an effective student learning experience (Standard III)
- Supports the overall student experience, both inside and outside of the classroom (Standard IV)
- Assesses its own educational effectiveness (Standard V)
- Uses planning and resources to ensure institutional improvement (Standard VI)
- Is characterized by effective governance, leadership and administration (Standard VII)