BCC serves students of diverse backgrounds, preparations and aspirations by providing them with an education that is both broad in scope and rigorous in its standards. We offer students access to academic preparation that provides them with the foundation and tools for success in their educational and/or professional plans and instills in them the value of informed and engaged citizenship and service to their communities.
We will effectively invest in each student’s success by engaging with them in an integrative and supportive environment that facilitates the development and achievement of their educational and career goals. Graduates will be prepared to understand, thrive in, and contribute to a 21 – century global community marked by diversity, change, and expanded opportunities for lifelong learning and growth.
Office of Institutional Research, Planning & Assessment
Respect ~ Integrity ~ Engagement ~ Empowerment ~ Excellence
Goal 1: BUILD A COMMUNITY OF EXCELLENCE
- Foster continuous improvement with use of analysis and evidence driving all academic, student support and administrative decisions.
- Promote mentoring and professional development at all levels across the College to support the learning and development of all members of the campus community.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, integration and alignment of curriculum, student support and administrative processes.
Goal 2: EMPOWER STUDENTS TO SUCCEED
- Promote student engagement, cultural competency and knowledge of college expectations and community standards.
- Assure a cohesive academic experience (from pre-college through post-graduation), including clear pathways, organized experiences and consistent communications with clear oversight and accountabilities in place.
- Provide efficient, accessible, user-friendly and integrated student services and support structures that address the holistic needs and well-being of every BCC student.
Goal 3: DEEPEN STUDENT LEARNING
- Promote and reinforce active teaching and learning for application among all faculty members.
- Promote integrated faculty development.
- Promote and encourage excellent teaching and scholarship (including scholarship-of-teaching) in promotion and tenure processes.
Goal 4: DEVELOP WORLD CITIZENS
- Develop sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships within local and global communities.
- Engage the College (including faculty, staff, students) and community partners as active civic participants and leaders in local and global initiatives.
- Expand and develop purposeful campus life experiences for students to promote leadership, personal development, civic engagement, cultural immersion and cultural competency.
Goal 5: CULTIVATE A 21ST CENTURY CURRICULUM
- Review, evaluate, update and develop programs to maintain currency and congruence with the College’s mission.
- Strengthen program outcomes by maintaining formal linkages with four-year colleges and industry.
- Promote mastery of a strong general education in all programs (through the implementation and assessment of the CUNY Pathways core curriculum).
Goal 6: ENHANCE THE CAMPUS ENVIRONMENT
- Develop and implement strategically-focused enhancements to the infrastructure and accessibility of campus facilities.
- Optimize use of campus space and resources to support existing and emerging needs and opportunities.
- Invest in and use technology to enhance learning, access information and increase productivity.
- Protect the security and integrity of the campus infrastructure and environment.
- Preserve and conserve landmark campus.
Goal 7: PROMOTE A REPUTATION FOR EXCELLENCE
- Build and promote a brand around a learning-centered culture.
- Promote pride in BCC.
- Engage faculty, staff, students, alumni and supporters in telling their BCC success stories.
- Illustrate BCC as a premier institution with branding messages and media sources.
For full report visit BCC Strategic Plan 2015-20 (pdf)