Goal 1: BUILD A COMMUNITY OF EXCELLENCE
- Foster continuous improvement with the use of analysis and evidence driving all academic, student support and administrative decisions.
- Promote mentoring and professional development at all levels across the College to support the learning and development of all members of the campus community.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, integration and alignment of curriculum, student support and administrative processes.
Goal 2: EMPOWER STUDENTS TO SUCCEED
- Promote student engagement, cultural competency and knowledge of college expectations and community standards.
- Ensure a cohesive academic experience (from pre-college through post-graduation), including clear pathways, organized experiences and consistent communications with clear oversight and accountabilities in place.
- Provide efficient, accessible, user-friendly and integrated student services and support structures that address the holistic needs and well-being of every BCC student.
Goal 3: DEEPEN STUDENT LEARNING
- Promote and reinforce active teaching and learning for application among all faculty members.
- Promote integrated faculty development.
- Promote and encourage excellent teaching and scholarship (including scholarship-of-teaching) in promotion and tenure processes.
Goal 4: DEVELOP WORLD CITIZENS
- Develop sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships within local and global communities.
- Engage the College (including faculty, staff, students) and community partners as active civic participants and leaders in local and global initiatives.
- Expand and develop purposeful campus life experiences for students to promote leadership, personal development, civic engagement, cultural immersion and cultural competency.
Goal 5: CULTIVATE A 21ST CENTURY CURRICULUM
- Review, evaluate, update and develop programs to maintain currency and congruence with the College’s mission.
- Strengthen program outcomes by maintaining formal linkages with four-year colleges and industry.
- Promote mastery of a strong general education in all programs (through the implementation and assessment of the CUNY Pathways core curriculum).
Goal 6: ENHANCE THE CAMPUS ENVIRONMENT
- Develop and implement strategically-focused enhancements to the infrastructure and accessibility of campus facilities.
- Optimize use of campus space and resources to support existing and emerging needs and opportunities.
- Invest in and use technology to enhance learning, access information and increase productivity.
- Protect the security and integrity of the campus infrastructure and environment.
- Preserve and conserve landmark campus.
Goal 7: PROMOTE A REPUTATION FOR EXCELLENCE
- Build and promote a brand around a learning-centered culture.
- Promote pride in BCC.
- Engage faculty, staff, students, alumni and supporters in telling their BCC success stories.
- Illustrate BCC as a premier institution with branding messages and media sources.
For the full report view the Strategic Plan (.pdf)