Student Government Association (SGA)
Student Government Association (SGA ) is the representative governing body of the student population. We enable students to voice their opinions through campus committees and public Senate meetings. We sponsors student services ranging from campus recreation events and activities to student health services
- We are comprised of 15 student senators.
- We are governed by a constitution.
- The SGA is required to meet every 2 weeks throughout our one year term.
- SGA meetings are announced in advance and are open to the campus community and the public.
- Learn more about the SGA Constitution.
- Find us on Facebook
Become a SGA Senator
Applications are sent out in the Spring semester through BCC Broadcast email.
Elections are held each April by the student body.
SGA members are always recruiting new members to serve on campus committees.
View Student Government Documents here:
Why join the Student Government Association?
Make a difference on campus
Senators represent the students on the College Senate and its related sub-committees. Learn more about student representation in the College Senate.
Develop your leadership skills
- Two executive officers (President, Legal Legislator) also represent BCC students on the University Student Senate (USS). Learn more about the USS.
- Five of the 15 Senators serve as Executive Officers in the roles of President, Vice President, Legal Legislator, Treasurer and Secretary.
- Each executive Senator receives a stipend, funded by student activity fees, totaling $3,314 per year.
Attend networking opportunities
- The SGA receives a portion of student activity fees each year to develop programs and cultural enrichment activities for students.
- Co-curricular programs include Welcome Week, Freshman Convocation, Halloween Costume Party, Club Fair, World AIDS Day, Poet’s Lounge, SGA Go Green Workshop Series, Dinner for Dignity and many more.
- BCC offer celebrations for Hispanic heritage, Black, African, and Caribbean heritage, women’s history, disability awareness, global perspectives and LGBT culture.