BCC Logo
Prospective Students   Current Students   Faculty/Staff   Alumni   Site Index

International Resources

Home < Academic Affairs < International Student Services < International Resources

Immigration & Visa Information

You do not need a new I-20 to re-enter the U.S. after an absence of less than five months, but you will need your I-20 properly endorsed by the Designated School Official at the Office of International Student Services. We recommend it be endorsed within the past six months. Regarding your visa, it is all right to remain in the U.S. if the F-1 visa has expired, as long as your I-20 has not expired and you are otherwise maintaining your status. If immigration approved a change of status for you within the U.S., you will need to apply for an F-1 visa stamp while outside the U.S. in order to re-enter the country. Be sure to take your approval notice and documentation of your financial support.


Health Insurance
ISO Insureance–International student health insurance & medical insurance for non-US  citizens in America


BCC Email | Phone Directory | Emergency Closing | CUNY Portal | Make this Website Talk

Google Translation Disclaimer