Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician - Math and Computer Sciences
Job ID: 18063
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Bronx Community College is seeking applicants for a full-time position as a College Laboratory Technician. The selected candidate will report to the Department Chair and perform highly skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework and research.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate purchase orders, maintenance, repair and use of lab equipment/supplies.
• Maintain and upgrade software in multiple computers in labs and classrooms managed by the Department.
• Coordinate with faculty to schedule computer laboratory classes and practice sessions for students.
• Set-up of equipment displays, demonstrations and computer lab support for classes and student projects and research.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
$40,627 - $60,561; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment", "Search for job listings", Job ID # 18063. Please attach resume, cover letter and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Please do not include any other documentation.
March 10, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer