Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Assistant Director of Recruitment - Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Job ID: 18129
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Recruitment, the Assistant Director of Recruitment will be responsible for the following:
Additional duties include:
- Implement and administer a successful recruitment strategy/plan to ensure enrollment targets are met each semester, using metrics to determine its impact and how it relates to outreach and admissions goals.
- Research and assist in launching innovative outreach concepts to enhance the College’s recruitment strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain the Admissions Recruitment Calendar for all admissions counselors/recruiters.
- Collaborate with Director of Admissions in developing weekly, monthly, and quarterly admissions reports to demonstrate outcome and trends related to recruitment and outreach.
- Serve as the point person for all admissions and recruitment social media marketing initiatives to enhance recruitment and outreach efforts of the Office of Admissions. This includes promoting campus tours and other internal events, on the spot admissions, and all other recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate all on-campus events including Open House, Campus Experience Days and other admissions events. This includes working with special program offices, faculty, and staff outside of the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Interview, hire, train, and supervise College Assistants, Ambassadors and College Work Study students in the Office of Admissions.
- Ensure that College Assistants, Ambassadors and Work Study students follow office policies and adhere to the College’s institutional procedures.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
• Master’s degree
• Two to three (2-3) years of progressive supervisory experience and demonstrated ability to lead and train staff
• Working knowledge of enrollment management concepts including student database systems
• Working knowledge of Hobson’s Connect and/or other CRM systems
• Ability to establish strong relationships with internal and external constituents, especially with the Bronx and neighboring territories
• Ability to provide excellent customer service
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in multiple roles and to interact effectively with diverse students, staff, faculty, and community leaders
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supervises activities in an operational unit supporting Admissions and/or Enrollment.
- Oversees staff activities; plans and monitors employee scheduling and coverage and coordinates training
- Serves as liaison to one or more departments providing student support services, such as Financial Aid
- Coordinates selection process activities such as applications review, verification of information, and timely forwarding of data to other CUNY areas
- Coordinates mailings and other communications
- Monitors activity and reports on both transactions and outcomes
- Completes projects to improve services and enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$47,340 - $81,855; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #18129. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
February 22; review of resumes to begin February 2.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer