Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: College Assistant - College Discovery Social Media Assistant
Job ID: 201703
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Bronx Community College /CUNY College Discovery Program has an opening for a Social Media Assistant. College Discovery (CD) is the City University’s higher education opportunity program, which provides comprehensive counseling, and academic support services for eligible students.
The Social Media Assistant will report directly to the CD Academic Support Coordinator. The Social Media Assistant will track, monitor and maintain multiple social media platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to continuously engage students in all events and services conducted by the program at large.
Position Description and Duties:
• Monitors the College Discovery Program’s social media accounts and offer constructive interactions with users
• Attends weekly meetings with the Academic Support Coordinator, who will oversee all posts
• Provides monthly reports on such usage of followers for each platform
• Uses social media platforms to market the services and events provided by the program
• Assists in the recruitment and outreach process through online presence to new students
• Posts important dates and upcoming events pertaining to counseling, tutoring and/or program overall activities such as the CD General Meeting and the Honor’s Awards Ceremony
• Assists with Live Streaming and taking pictures at special events, such as Commencement, CD Honors Ceremony, CD General Meetings among others
• May perform other related support duties, as assigned by the Director
Required Qualifications: Applicants must be able to work between 10-15 hours per week; In depth working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube, Pinterest, Google, Snapchat, etc.; proficiency in using database technology, great editing skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required. Strong knowledge of digital media landscape including various social media applications and marketing tools.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and ranges from $12.50/hr. - $15.00/hr.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and list of 3 personal or professional references to:
Mrs. Cynthia Suarez-Espinal, Director
Bronx Community College
Loew Hall, Room 401
2155 University Avenue
Bronx, NY 10453
February 12, 2018; review of resumes to begin immediately
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer