Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Workforce and Economic Development Program Manager (Continuing Education Manager)
Job ID: 17498
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Division of Workforce and Economic Development at Bronx Community College (BCC) offers educational programs for students of all ages and backgrounds seeking to improve their career prospects, including adult basic education (primarily ESL and GED prep), training for jobs in early childhood education, construction, health care, technology, etc., along with customized training for employers and unions. The Workforce and Economic Development Program Manager reports to the Dean of Workforce Education. The Division works with BCC’s academic departments to develop credit-bearing certificate programs. These credentials - in areas from auto-tech to allied health - provide students with practical, hands-on training for jobs in growing sectors of the city’s economy.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the Continuing Education Office and designs, develops, and implements instructional programs and activities, coordinating with other College support systems.
- Oversees the general operation of the Continuing Education Office; hires and manages staff; oversees registration, payments, and other office activities
- Designs and makes recommendations to Director for academic, outreach, general training, and certificate programs
- Develops and writes grant proposals
- Hires faculty and coordinates teaching schedules
- Observes classes, analyzes student evaluations, and performs faculty evaluations
- Orients new faculty and acts as liaison to resolve faculty issues
- Plans and implements advertising campaigns and designs marketing and other program materials
- Maintains financial information such as tuition payments, material costs, and faculty payroll
- Develops mailing lists and analyzes marketing strategies and student profiles
- Acts as a liaison between the Continuing Education Office and other internal and external units on co-operative and co-sponsored programs.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$61,394 - $97,628; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #17498. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
Open until filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer