Job Title: Social Media Assistant - College Discovery
Job ID: 18193
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
- Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration.
- There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned as
- Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
- Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records,
operate office machines (such as copier), sort and distribute mail, issue keys and identity cards,
act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
- Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials.
- Acts as cashier.
- Assists in statistical or research activities. May collect and compile data, code data for computer entry, perform data entry, and run computer reports.
- Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
- Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
- Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories, and schedules.
- May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Bronx Community College/CUNY College Discovery Program has an opening for a College Assistant. College Discovery (CD) is the City University’s higher education opportunity program, which provides comprehensive counseling and academic support services for eligible students.
The College Assistant will report directly to the CD Academic Support Coordinator. The College Assistant will track, monitor and maintain multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to continuously engage students in all events and services conducted by the program at large.
Position Description and Duties:
• Monitors the College Discovery Program’s social media accounts and interacts with users based on specific guidelines.
• Attends weekly meetings with the Academic Support Coordinator, who will oversee all posts.
• Provides monthly reports on such usage of followers for each platform.
• Uses social media platforms to market the program's services and events and provide outreach to new students.
• Posts important dates and upcoming events pertaining to counseling, tutoring and/or program overall activities.
• Assists with Live Streaming and taking pictures at special events.
• May perform other related support duties, as assigned by the Director.
Applicants must be able to work between 10-15 hours per week.
- Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube, Pinterest, Google, Snapchat, etc.
- Proficiency in using database technology
- Great editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of digital media landscape including various social media applications and marketing tools
$13.50 - $15.00/hr; commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #18193. Please attach resume. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
April 8, 2018 with review of resumes to begin immediately.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer