Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Academic ASAP Student Advisor - Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (Multiple positions)
Job ID: 17138
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Bronx Community College seeks an Academic ASAP Student Advisor to join the ASAP department. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Academic ASAP Student Advisor is a key member of the professional staff.
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in an appropriate discipline and four years related experience.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges facing students from diverse urban backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department and with faculty and other administrators
- Strong organization, project management, communication, and facilitation skills
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of student activities
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude to learn new systems as needed
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible, by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouchers, and MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
The ASAP Advisor is a member of an integrated College team providing individual academic, career and related support to an assigned group of college students as they progress through the program.
- Delivers comprehensive advisement support services to an assigned group of students through degree completion
- Conducts workshops and group advisement on topics of relevance and interest
- Reviews student progress and tracks student use of academic support services
- Conducts regular outreach to faculty and other college staff as needed to support student success
- Maintains accurate tracking data and notes for each assigned student, recommending appropriate referrals and opportunity programs
- Supports annual recruitment of students
- Organizes periodic special events and programs for students, faculty and staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$47,340 - $61,593; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #17138. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
Open until filled with review to begin August 1, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer