Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Executive Director of Human Resources (Associate Administrator)
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Bronx Community College is located on a tranquil, 44-acre historic campus in the University Heights section of the Bronx, one of the five vibrant boroughs of New York City. Established in 1957 and relocated to its current location in 1973, the College currently serves over 11,000 students and employs more than 900 full-time employees. The College is seeking a dynamic, experienced human resource professional to partner in and implement a strategic redesign of the College’s human capital systems and services that will efficiently support the College’s strategic goals while fostering a climate reflective of the College’s core values of respect, integrity, collaboration, innovation, quality and sustainability.
The Executive Director for Human Resources reports to the Vice President of Administration and Finance and is a member of the Vice President’s Administration and Finance Cabinet. S/he will work closely with the senior administration at the college, including the President, Provost, Vice Presidents, Legal Counsel, Labor Designee and the Chief Diversity Officer. The Executive Director will provide leadership in helping the College meet strategic priorities, enhance organizational effectiveness, improve client services, and improve procedures and service outcomes by infusing technology into HR operations and business practices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and directing the College’s human resources functions in accordance with federal, state and local employment laws, and University and College bylaws, policies, rules, regulations, and contractual agreements.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: recruitment and retention, benefits, compensation and payroll, time and leave, professional development and training, human resource information systems, performance management and employee engagement.
The Executive Director is directly responsible for the following:
• Participating in the College’s strategic and operational planning process by prioritizing and executing strategic HR goals and objectives and conducting research relevant to human resources short- and long-term forecasting for staffing, attrition and succession planning.
• Maintaining current knowledge of and interpreting, implementing and complying with federal, state and local laws that affect the HR functions of the College, including mandatory training requirements.
• Directing and implementing all College and University initiatives and projects associated with the comprehensive administration and operations of human resources functions.
• Overseeing the implementation and enforcement of College and University policies, rules, regulations, and contractual agreements, including the knowledge and application of Civil Service Regulations, in collaboration with the Legal Counsel and Labor Designee.
• Developing organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analyses, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; and establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Implementing human resources strategies by establishing campus-wide department and unit accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, retention, records management, succession planning, and employee engagement.
• Developing and implementing metrics and best practices in the human resources operations by training staff leading to innovative strategies for data integrity, productivity and quality customer-service.
• Working with Finance and Budget to develop staffing strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; and minimizing the impact of variances.
• Supporting organizational goals and objectives by providing human resources advice and counsel based on data analyses and information.
• Enhancing communication by providing web-based information on policies, procedures, and guidelines in collaboration with the University.
• Identifying and leading special projects on relevant issues and priorities and coordinating, communicating and evaluating accomplishments.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
• Advanced degree and progressive and significant experience in developing, interpreting, and implementing HR policies, procedures and regulations, preferably in a large, multi-cultural and diverse higher education institution
• Extensive experience working in an unionized environment
• Superior change management, technology and communication skills
• Solid experience with HRIS systems, preferably Oracle/PeopleSoft
• Ability to align HR practices with HRIS systems
• SHRM certification
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #17139. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin on September 5, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer