Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Academic Program Specialist - College Now
Job ID: 17655
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Under the supervision of the Manager of College Now at Bronx Community College, the Academic Program Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Process College Now admissions/registration using CUNYfirst.
• Develop relationships with high school principals, assistant principals, and college advisors; inform stakeholders with College Now admissions requirements and course offerings.
• Implement College Focus to help prevent remedial courses at CUNY colleges.
• Collaborate with college/high school academic departments to align assessments (i.e. Regents) for enrollment readiness evaluation into College Now activities.
• Design and implement events for College Now students (e.g. financial aid workshops, college admission process workshops, campus tours and lectures, etc.).
• Collaborate with various BCC programs including STEP, Upward Bound, CUNY Start, ASAP, and Future Now to provide College Now students with educational resources.
• Provide group and individual academic and career counseling to College Now high school students.
• Prepare reports for CUNY Central College Now related to enrollment and outcomes.
• Supervises day-to-day office operations.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$47,340 - $81,855; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #17655. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
November 25, 2017; review of resumes to begin November 10.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer