Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Enrollment Specialist - Retention Initiatives (Academic Affairs)
Job ID: 17678
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Office of Academic Affairs at Bronx Community College seeks an Enrollment Specialist for Retention Initiatives. Reporting to the Dean of Academic Services, this position will focus on increasing retention rates while assisting the Dean, the Vice President for Student Success and the Provost with short and long range planning, implementation, and evaluation of student retention initiatives. The Specialist will assist in developing and directing the Committee on Retention Efforts (CORE) to improve student performance and retention.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Works closely with academic departments and/or chairpersons to review and analyze predictive data related to student retention and completion; prepares summary reports for various stakeholders and users to inform effective program development, outreach and intervention; collects and interprets data regarding student attrition.
• Assists in managing continuing students' enrollment data and process along with the Vice President for Student Success and his/her designees.
• Promotes retention strategies and operating plans for all Enrollment Management offices, academic departments and other campus units capable of improving success, persistence and timely graduation.
• Assists with the efforts of academic departments, special programs and other campus constituencies to support and participate in retention and success programs.
• Serves as the coordinator of early intervention programs that connects a student with appropriate college resources.
• Analyzes incoming and continuing students' data and identifies students who may be “at risk” and in need of early intervention or other college resources.
• Assists in the marketing campaign and implementation of technology related to student retention (Hobsons and DegreeWorks)
• Maintains systems to track the effectiveness and timeliness of student success/retention services throughout the student lifecycle.
• In collaboration with Information Technology and Institutional Research collects, maintains and analyzes attrition/retention data; compares internal attrition/retention data with national and CUNY data and recommends benchmarks and strategies for achieving them.
• Assists the Dean in promoting student success, persistence, and graduation, which is demonstrated by achieving and sustaining retention goals and graduation rates.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers enrollment processes and related functions.
- Collaborates with management team in the development of admission and enrollment goals, strategies, and initiatives; participates in planning enrollment events.
- Analyzes and interprets quantitative and qualitative student enrollment data to prepare reports for management.
- Recommends and implements improvements to existing technical systems and office operations.
- Serves as resource reference to interpret and comply with University and College enrollment policies.
- Prepares and reviews student communication materials.
- May coordinate aspects of student entry from point of allocation to include orientation, advisement, and collection of admitted student documents.
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$47,340 - $71,723; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #17678. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
December 2, 2017; review of resumes to begin November 17.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/
Americans with Disabilities Act Employer