The New York League of Puerto Rican Women’s Award
||New York League of Puerto Rican Women (NYLPRW)
||June 7, 2013
|Type of Award:
||One time award
The New York League of Puerto Rican Women, Inc. (NYLPRW) is currently accepting applications for their 2013 College Awards to be presented at their College Awards Gala Dinner Dance at the Marina Del Rey in The Bronx, on Thursday, August 22, 2013. These awards are granted annually to undergraduate Puerto Rican women selected for their academic excellence and service to the community.
To be eligible, applicants must send a completed 2013 College Award Application Form to our post office box, listed above, by the deadline date of June 7, 2013 and meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently matriculated as an undergraduate student in an accredited institution of higher education, having earned a minimum of 12 accumulated credits.
- Maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 with no failing grades.
- Demonstrate service to the community.
- Provide an official college transcript by the deadline date of July 5, 2013.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation from a professor, college advisor, employer or supervisor.
- Submit a suitable 4" by 6" photo (minimum size) of the applicant in appropriate professional attire for inclusion in our Commemorative Dinner-Dance Journal.
The College Award Committee will review only those applications that comply with all of the above six (6) requirements. The essays of the selected applicants should be written meticulously, including the applicant’s community service and educational and career goals.
How to apply:
Complete the attached Application Information Form or download the Application from the website. For assistance in applying to this or any scholarship, please stop by the office of Financial Aid Scholarship Specialist, Yvonne Erazo-Davila in Colston Hall, Room 528.