Our goal is to prepare students for the world of work through direct experience. We assist students and recent graduates with preparing for and securing part-time and full-time employment. These employment opportunities range from jobs directly related to the majors offered at BCC to non-major related jobs. Students in need of immediate employment can receive assistance through the “Fast Track Jobs Checklist”. However, to qualify for a job opportunity related to your major, students must complete the requirements outlined in the “Good-To-Go Checklist”. Upon completion of the requirements, students receive a job readiness certificate and lapel pin to acknowledge their preparedness for career opportunities.
To begin preparing for employment opportunities, we recommend you schedule an appointment with your career specialist who will guide you with the necessary steps.
It’s better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.
― Les Brown
Snow Hall [SN], First Floor
Mon: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM *Late Hours
Tues: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wed: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thurs: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM *Late Hours
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
To qualify for an internship or a job in your major, you will need to attend and complete the following activities & workshops:
- Initial Student Engagement Counseling
- Internship Orientation Workshop OR Workplace Success Workshop
- Interviewing Skills Workshop
- Resume Writing Workshop / Resume Clinic (as required)
- Resume Approved & Uploaded to Symplicity
- Completion of 3 successful mock interviews on Big Interview
- Approved Cover Letter (as required)
- Dress Code Interview
Symplicity provides students with a web-based internship and job bank, an online library of career development resources, as well as a Resume Builder (Find under Resources in the sidebar when you login) where you can get started on your resume.
Job Search Resource Links
- Career Overview – New York Jobs and Job Search Resources
- New York State Department of Transportation
- Looksharp.com – Engineering Internships in New York City
- New York State Careers at NYSERDA
- New York State Education Department
- indeed Job Search – Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Monster.com – Nuclear Medicine Technologist Jobs in New York