The mission of Campus and Facilities Planning is to support the College’s educational goals by planning and coordinating projects to renovate and upgrade campus facilities. Our goal is to make the best use of all available resources to ensure compliance with building codes, health and safety codes, and accessibility requirements. We work to improve the campus’ state of repair, level of occupant comfort, and programmatic effectiveness.
We do the following:
Scoping Construction Projects
- Conduct review of facilities’ conditions and coordinate on scoping with Physical Plant Services, Information Technology, BCC faculty and staff, CUNY’s Office of Facilities Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM), and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY).
- Write initial scopes of work for conditions requiring construction projects.
- Prioritize projects to maintain safety, ensure code compliance, support the educational mission, and preserve capital resources.
Coordinating Capital Funded Projects
- Write capital project requests and coordinate preparation of the BCC Five Year Capital Construction Plans.
- Represent BCC interests with CUNY FPCM/Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, the New York Power Authority, and other agencies during the design and construction of projects.
- Coordinate input required from BCC during design and construction.
- Keep the BCC campus apprised of project progress and campus impacts.
Coordinating Non-Capital Funded Projects
- Coordinate requests for design services by CUNY FPCM for tasks such as accommodating equipment and partitioning rooms.
- Work with BCC Environmental Health and Safety Department to scope and implement environmental health projects.
- Scope and then develop requisitions for emergency work, architectural repairs, and furniture and furnishings.
- Coordinate BCC’s input in master planning efforts for this campus.
- Receive and coordinate space planning requests.
- Coordinate updates to CUNY’s ARCHIBUS space inventory system.