Ability to Benefit (ATB) FAQ
Ability to Benefit Exam must be taken by students who have a diploma or high school credentials from a foreign institution, and applied for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) for the first time in or after the Fall of 2006.
If you are unable to comply with the items listed below, you will not be eligible to receive TAP financial aid.
Students affected are freshman, transfer and continuing students who:
- Have a diploma from a foreign school
- Applied to receive TAP for the first time in or after the fall of 2006
- Have not earned a GED
Students under ATB guidelines must meet testing requirements in order to receive TAP
Achieving the minimum cut scores on the Ability To Benefit (ATB) tests:
- Score of 55 in ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension
- Score of 60 in ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills
- Score of 34 in ACCUPLACER Arithmetic
All ATB testing takes place at the college’s Test Center in Nichols Hall-200A.
For any testing-related ATB question, please call 718.289.5638