How to Apply

Register online for CUNY portal account and fill out the application.


  Pay the application fee.


  Submit supporting documents.

  • Official high school transcript and a copy of high school diploma
  • An official paper transcript must be sent directly to CUNY/UAPC in a sealed, school-issued envelope (see address listed). Transcripts in a language other than English are accepted. (Review the CUNY How to Apply & Guidelines for Supporting Documents.)
  • OR General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
  • Scores with a minimum score of 2250 (formerly 225) are required.

Helpful Hints & Admission Requirements

Apply Early

Students who want to be assured that their applications will receive first priority are strongly advised to apply by the deadline: September 15th for spring or February 1st for fall admission.

Check Your Application Status

Letters will go out 6 to 8 weeks after your application is complete (after the February 1 or September 15 priority deadlines). You can check the status of your submitted application at your CUNY portal account. Check your Application Status

You can also call the processing center’s automated system at the Office of Admissions Services at (212) 997-2869. For further information, see CUNY’s Information on Admission Decisions

Apply Now

Freshman Student Defined: You graduated from high school or received a GED and have never enrolled in another college or university. Applicants who earned college credit in high school are still freshman applicants.

I do not have a CUNYFirst Account
Register for an account

I have a CUNYFirst Account
Login and fill out an application

Mailing Documentation

Follow through. Complete your application by submitting all supporting document to CUNY. When mailing your completed documents, try to mail them all together.

Include your W# (application identification #) with all documents, and send to:

P.O. Box 350136

Brooklyn, NY 11235

Exemptions from CUNY Skills Assessment Tests

  • Students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in the United States may be exempt from testing. Students whose degree is from a non-English speaking country should take the English as a Second Language (ESL) placement test.
  • Students who have taken the exam previously may wish to accept the results of their prior exam.

Please note: Students have the option of retesting to improve his/her scores if the initial exam was taken more than two years earlier.

Where do you want to go now?

Start your search here