As part of ongoing efforts to protect digital identities and related Bronx Community College (BCC) information, the Office of Information Technology will enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for student Office 365 email services. We are deploying MFA for CUNY Office 365 Logon in response to a dramatic rise in the scope and sophistication of phishing, spear phishing, and malware attacks that are targeting our students, faculty, and staff.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for Office 365 email login will be mandatory for students. Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a security enhancement that requires two forms of verification when using your Office 365 Login and adds critical protection for your sign-on credentials. The first factor in MFA is your account password. The second factor is an option of your choice, either by text, phone call or the Microsoft Authenticator mobile app.
Microsoft MFA requires that you specify how you want to provide the second factor as part of your Microsoft Office 365 account log in. Microsoft MFA provides the following second factor options:
- A (free) Microsoft Authenticator mobile app running on your iOS or Android smartphone that requests that you confirm your log in attempt. This is the most convenient option.
- A text message sent to your smartphone or SMS text-capable telephone providing a code to enter in the login window.
- An automated voice call to a designated telephone number providing a code to enter to sign-on.
The links below provide additional information on Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA):
- How do I Enroll in MFA?
- Signing into your Office 365 Account
- Setting up Microsoft Authenticator Mobile App
- Set up multi-factor authentication with a mobile device (YouTube)
- Office 365 Multi-Factor Authentication Demo (YouTube)
- CUNY IT Help Knowledge Base
If you need assistance, please contact the Technology Service Center (IT Service Desk) @:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 718.289.5970
For login information, please follow the instructions below:
- If this is your first time accessing your BCC email and haven’t claimed your Bronco ID yet, click on the following link to use our Self-Service Account Manager (SSAM): First-time login?
- Once you submit your information, your Online Support Services window will provide you with your temporary email address and password. Please use these credentials to login to your new email account.
- If you forgot your username, click the following link: Forgot your username?
If you are logging in for the first time, we strongly recommend that you change your password to include at least a special character. We also recommend that you login to your e-mail account at least once every 6 months, to ensure that your messages and attachments are kept intact. In the event that you do not login to your email account for an extended period of time, it will be disabled.