MASKS NO LONGER REQUIRED ON BCC CAMPUS
The President’s office announced that mask requirements for students, faculty and staff in indoor settings and other non-enclosed spaces will no longer be in effect.
Revised guidelines issued by the CDC last week led to this change in policy. Anyone who wants to continue to use a mask is free to do so. The mask mandate has been in effect since August of 2021. Masks will continue to be available on campus.
Chancellor Félix Matos Rodríguez, Ph. D in a memo to the CUNY community noted the following:
- Non-vaccinated individuals or those with a religious or medical exemption must continue to wear a mask.
- CUNY will continue to monitor the CDC guidelines and should evolving circumstances require a reconsideration of the policy it will make the necessary changes to keep the CUNY community safe.
- Quarantine guidelines will remain unchanged if you are fully vaccinated and received a booster or if you tested positive for COVID in the last 90 days and came into close contact to someone with COVID. You do not need to quarantine and can return to work or school, but you need to wear a mask from 10 days from the date of your last contact and at least 5 days after a close contact.
- Suspension of the mask mandate does not affect the student booster requirement for those enrolled in hybrid or fully in-person courses. Students must upload proof of a booster within thirty days from the date they first became eligible to receive a booster shot.
- All full and part-time faculty, non-teaching and instructional staff and ECPs are required to be fully vaccinated and the proof of vaccination needs to be uploaded Into CUNY First by April 1st.
- Monitoring COVID moving forward, CUNY’s mandatory testing for anyone with a medical or religious exemption and the random testing program for vaccinated individuals will continue to operate without change.
- Free PCR testing continues to be available for student, faculty, and staff at BCC testing sites.
Anyone with questions on the BCC mask mandates can contact COVID liaison Susan Fiore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The President would like to thank everyone in the BCC community during these difficult times as we look to protect each other moving forward.