New Access to Campus
CUNY is in the process of transitioning away from the Everbridge/VaxPass application and implementing a new platform. The Cleared4 system will now provide an “Access Pass” by which all vaccinated faculty, staff, and students, will be gaining entry to campus. The Everbridge VaxPass system will no longer be available for campus entry after September 27th.
Currently, CUNY is in the process of uploading all approved vaccination information into the Cleared4 system. At this time, the majority of faculty and staff data entries have been completed. As the entries are completed, you will receive two emails from “no firstname.lastname@example.org. The first email grants you access to the Cleared4 system. The second welcome message will outline with for a user to register and receive the CUNY Access Pass. Please be on alert for the Cleared4 emails from “email@example.com”. For those student- facing offices, kindly alert the students and encourage them to look for the Cleared4 email.
The welcome registration email will provide you with a personal link.
1. Copy the link and paste it into your browser, where you will get a CUNY welcome message and a link that states “Show Access Pass.”
2. Click on that “show access pass” link and you will receive the green “Cleared for CUNY Access” message, with the date and time stamp on the pass.
3. Once you have successfully received the access pass, if you are using an iPhone, you can *add the link to your home screen and avoid going back to finding and copying the link daily. To save the app on your smart phone please follow the steps below:
- From the Cleared4 welcome message, * click the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) located at the bottom of the iPhone screen.
- Scroll down to the list of actions and click on “Add to Home Screen”.
- Type a name for your site link. This will be the title that appears beneath its icon on your iPhone Home screen.
- If you are using an Android, copy and paste the link into your Chrome browser, you will get a CUNY welcome message and a link that states “Show Access Pass”.
- From the Cleared4 welcome message, Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner), scroll down and click on “Add to home screen”.
- Type a name for your site link. This will be the title that appears beneath its icon on your Android smartphone Home screen.
- You always have the option of pasting the link into your browser on every occasion that you would like entry to campus.
- The new access pass will expire one year after the date of your final vaccination shot.
If you have not received your welcome email from Cleared4, please check your personal email address. The welcome email is sent to your preferred email address listed in CUNYFirst. If you need assistance with changing or updating information in CUNYFirst, please reach out to TSC@bcc.cuny.edu. If you have not received the welcome email to your preferred email address, please reach out to Luisa Martich, firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Susan Fiore, email@example.com
Please note: If you are listed as having “dual roles” within CUNY, (e.g., you are both a student and an employee) there may be a delay in receiving your welcome email. CUNY is in the process of working on this glitch.
For additional information visit CUNY Access – Cleared4 Guide for Vaccinated CUNY Students, Faculty and Staff Cleared4 FAQs