Receive Remote or In-Person Tax Assistance and File Your Tax Return for Free!
Tax Department Employees will walk you through your income tax returns, step-by-step as you complete your own tax return. It’s quick and easy! We’ll help you prepare and e-file your income tax return in person via a in-person workshop or virtually during a zoom webinar session
In partnership with Bronx Community College, in-person sessions will be offered on Tuesdays, 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/11. Virtual Sessions will take place on Thursdays, 2/9, 2/16. 2/23, 3/2, 3/9, 3/16, 3/23, 3/30, 4/6, 4/13
- If you earned $73,000 or less in 2022 you qualify.
- Safe and secure online tax software.
- Use your own laptop.
- You must have access to a smart phone or webcam to verify your identify.
- You only need basic computer skills and an active email account.
What you will need to file your tax return
- An active email account.
- Photo ID, driver’s license, non-driver ID, NYC ID or passport (for you and your spouse, if fling jointly).
- Social security number for you, your spouse, and dependents.
- Proof of income (wages, unemployment, interest, and dividend statements).
- Forms W-2, 1099, 1099-Misc. 1098, K-1.
- Any other documents showing additional income.
- Forms 1095-A, B, or C, Healthcare Statement – Information related to any credits you’re claiming.
- Copy of your 2022 tax return or the federal adjusted gross income (FAGI) from your 2022 return – if you file a return.
- For direct deposit, please have your tracking information Account number and the routing number for your bank.
You must pre-register and schedule an appointment. Sessions are available Tuesdays from 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm, and on Thursdays from 12pm-2pm and 4pm-6pm.
For more information or to schedule a session, contact the Access Resource Center by calling 718.289.5179, or by email at email@example.com.