The Bronco Reconnect Mixer
The Bronco Reconnect Mixer was held on April 18. The event was led by Joshua Perez, Admissions; Cheryl Walker, Academic Success Center; Wilma Rosario, Financial Aid and Karen Thomas, the Registrar.
The team expressed its gratitude to all who participated and supported the Bronco Reconnect Mixer Event.
The statistics were impressive:
- 85 students RSVP’d and checked in (via QR code)
- 12 students RSVP’d (via email) and checked in (via walk-in)
- 8 students RSVP’d (via phone) and checked in (via walk-in)
Total = 105 students
The student population consisted of the following.
- 2 incoming Freshmen
- 84 readmit (Reconnect students)
- 19 continuing
Services and incentives offered during the mixer:
- 13 iPads distributed to those students who were registered at the event.
- 2 student requests for laptops.
- 63 students readmit applications were processed on the spot. (21 readmit applications are pending due to negative service indicators and/or an appeal needed)
- 25 Bronco Reconnect Scholarship applications collected. (They received $100 towards the student’s tuition and/or a monthly metro card)
- A few Reconnect students showed interest in the CUNYEdge tuition assistance incentive.
- 8 Appeal (CAS and SAP) applications collected.
- 24 Reconnect students initiated the FAFSA application process.
- Several students expressed an interest in joining and/or learning about the M.E.N. (Male Empowerment Network) and several departments (English, Biology, Art and Music and Health/Physical Education).
The next Bronco Reconnect Mixer Event will be held in the Fall.