What information do I need to complete a FAFSA?

Category: FAFSA
  • Social Security numbers of student and parents’ (parents Social Security numbers are needed for dependent students)
  • W-2 forms and other records of money earned by student and parents, if you are a dependent student
  • Students and parents’ federal income tax returns (parents tax return is needed for dependent students and spouses tax return is needed for independent students)
  • Untaxed income records – Social security, welfare, or veteran benefits for example
  • Current bank statements
  • Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
  • Alien registration card, if you’re not a U.S. citizen

Where do you want to go now?

Start your search here