As many of you have already heard, BCC will be shifting more of our courses to the face-to-face modality. You will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain entry to the campus. Governor Cuomo announced that COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all students attending in-person classes beginning this fall. We strongly encourage you to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
The following links have information on where students can receive free and low-cost COVID vacccines in New York City and New York State:
Office of Health Services
It is the mission of the Office of Health Services to identify, address and provide accessible health care to BCC’s underserved student body and to improve the health care status of the student body, as well as the surrounding community.
- Free MMR vaccinations
- Clearance for Clinical LPN and RN students
- Free and Confidential HIV and STI testing.
- Free seasonal influenza (FLU) vaccines administration
- Over the counter medications
- Private Lactation room for nursing BCC mothers
- All students must submit documentation of immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella in compliance with NYS Public Health Law 2165, and complete a Meningitis Response form in compliance with NYS Public Health Law 2167. See link: https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/handbook/section_1_requirements.htm
- Students may submit immunization via email (scanned documents only/screenshots are not acceptable) to:
Health and Wellness Programs
- Health Education programming including: Men’s Health Initiative, World AIDS Day, Women’s Health Fair, Hispanic Heritage Health Event, African American Health event, Annual Wellness Fair.
- Referrals to partnering healthcare agencies for comprehensive medical screenings and treatment.
- Health Information on smoking cessation, nutrition and healthy relationships.
- Blood Drives
- World Renowned Cardiologist/Director of the Hispanic Heart Center, Mount Sinai Hospital Javier Castillo, MD guest presenter at Men’s Health Initiative in celebration with Hispanic Heritage Month, Fall 2018.
- BCC MLT Students providing Cholesterol and Glucose testing to BCC Students, Faculty and Staff at the Office of Health Services AnnualWomen’s Wellness Fair in celebration of Women’s History Month.
Loew Hall, Room 101
Mon*: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tues: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wed: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thurs*: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
*During fall and spring semesters only.