Connect with us today and we can set you on your pathway to success.
We are currently accepting applications for fall 2024.
Fall 2024 Semester:
August 28, 2024 – December 21, 2024
Become part of our Bronco family in just three easy steps:
- Apply online and make sure to select Bronx Community College.
- Pay your application fee at the end of the application using Visa, MasterCard, or Debit Card
- Have your official documents sent electronically to email@example.com to receive an admission decision within 48 business hours. *Please note, submission of mailed official documents are accepted, but will take additional time to review and process an admissions decision
*Make sure to include your 8 digit CUNYfirst ID Number in all communications.
*After you complete the steps above check your email daily to receive your admissions decision and additional updates.
DISCLAIMER NOTE: If your school uses Parchment as a third-party sender. Please choose the option that says “Send to Myself” and use our email address Admission@bcc.cuny.edu. If your school uses National Student Clearinghouse you will have to select “send to institution” and CUNY/Bronx Community College.
Track Your Application
You can check your application status at any time online. Use CUNY’s tracking tool, CUNYfirst, to review details of your application, see if your transcripts were received, and look out for that admissions decision.
After you submit your online application, CUNY will email you with instructions for creating or “claiming” a CUNYfirst account. Once you have successfully created an account and logged in, you will be able to view details about your application, registration, and financial aid.
Interested in applying to BCC and need help completing your application? Join an admissions counselor live to receive assistance in submitting your CUNY application.
Please RSVP for an Application Workshop – RSVP HERE
Need help completing your online application? Watch the video tutorial or call us at 929-314-4711.
Below are the documents you need to submit:
(Freshmen students are those who have never attended ANY college or university since earning your high school diploma or GED):
- High School transcripts. If you attended multiple High Schools, transcripts from all schools are required.
- A General Equivalency Diploma (GED/TASC) with scoresheet and Diploma – minimum score required: 2250
- Transcript(s) from all colleges, universities and/or proprietary schools previously attended. If you are/were enrolled at a CUNY Institution, your CUNY transcript will automatically be retrieved when you submit your application.
- Transcripts in a language other than English are accepted, however these may take longer to process. (Review the CUNY How to Apply & Guidelines for Supporting Documents.)
- High School Transcript and Proof of Graduation are required if you have not complete a college level English and Math course with a successful grade of C or higher.
Required International Documentation
- Applicants educated outside the United States may opt to have their transcripts evaluated by the University Application Processing Center (UAPC) or to have them evaluated by one of the linked evaluations services.
- SpanTran has created a custom application for BCC students that will make sure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate ($170 for the evaluation) . You can access their application by clicking here.
- All students must submit documentation providing proof of immunization of Measles, Mumps and Rubella in compliance with NYS Public Health Law 2165, and complete a Meningitis Response form (only requires signature) in compliance with NYS Public Health Law 2167.
- Students with foreign credentials or those who were ESL students may have to complete the Writing CUNY assessment test.
- All students must provide all official academic records at a later date.
Financial Aid Application (FAFSA)
To complete your Financial Aid application you must bring and prepare the following:
- Your 2021 Tax Returns with W2s for you, your spouse (if married), your parents (if dependent and under age 24)
- Know dates of birth, dates of marital status, social security number, and alien registration/permanent resident number(if you are not a citizen) for all individuals above
- Make sure you and/or your parent have a valid email address
- Make sure you bring proof of all 2021 income received (e.g. TANF, SNAP, Social Security Income, etc.)