The Engineering Science curriculum is designed for students with a special interest in engineering and provides a thorough preparation in mathematics and physical science.
Graduates of this program may transfer to a senior college to continue their education in engineering and earn a baccalaureate degree in engineering.
Upon successful completion of the Engineering Science program requirements, students will be able to:
- Students will solve problems using principles of mathematics and science applied to engineering problems.
- Students will begin to understand concepts within Chemical, Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to solve a variety of mathematical and engineering problems using MATLAB.
- Students will deduce and solve differential equations for RC, RL or RLC circuits.
- Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of the circuit-voltage relations for resistors, capacitors and inductors.
- Students will show proficiency in using programming language to solve a variety of engineering problems.
- Students will show understanding of configurations and principles of basic electronic circuits and master the circuit calculation theories.
- Students will design and implement an electronic circuit that can generate, modulate and transmit a signal.
- Students will demonstrate how to analyze digital system electrical diagrams.
Curriculum Coordinator: Prof. Hamad Khan