The AAS nursing degree program is registered by the New York State Department of Education and is a member of the National League for Nursing.
Upon successful completion of the Nursing program requirements, students will be able to:
- Provide safe, competent and compassionate patient centered care for patients and families/support person(s) across the life span based on current evidence-based practices.
- Assimilate leadership and management principles in practice as a professional nurse.
- Demonstrate integrity and accountability when applying professional nursing standards in practice within the ethical and legal framework of nursing.
- Participate in collaboration and teamwork with members of the inter-professional team, the patient, and the patient’s support person/family.
- Utilize informatics and patient technologies to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error and support decision-making.
- Participate in quality/performance improvement activities to promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Engage in clinical reasoning/nursing-judgment to make patient-centered care decisions, and to function within the complex healthcare environment.
Accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (A.C.E.N)
3343 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326
1.400.975.5000 | www.acenursing.org
Approved by the State Education Department
The University of the State of New York
89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234
518.486.2967 | HEGIS Code: 5208.10
Member of The National League for Nursing (N.L.N.)
The National League for Nursing
2600 Virginia Avenue, NW 8th Fl, Washington, DC 20037 Public Notice of Upcoming Accreditation Review
800.669.1656 | www.nln.org/
Program Director: Dr. Kenya Harris