The aim of the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) is to increase the number of students from under-represented groups who are pursuing professional licensure and careers in mathematics, science, technology, and health-related fields. CSTEP provides academic enrichment and research experience in STEM-related fields.
Benefits of the CSTEP Program
Students will receive the following benefits:
- One-on-one personalized guidance and mentorship from a faculty member
- Gain work experience through internships and research opportunities
- Tutoring and supplemental instruction in gateway courses
- Professional development opportunities
- Transfer support services
- The possibility of receiving a $1500 stipend for participating in research
- Participate in the STEM Scholars Club, where you will attend workshops, learn from invited speakers, resume writing, time management and so much more
- Opportunity to attend Career Workshops that bring guest speakers from the field to campus to inform students about health and science careers and share strategies and requirements for professional advancement
- Opportunity to be part of a Science & Health Expo on campus
- Overall GPA 2.8 or higher
- Majors from professional licensure and careers in mathematics, science, technology, and health-related fields
- Expectations of earning at least a Master’s Degree in their chosen field
- A strong commitment to the CSTEP program
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Meet with your designated faculty mentor at least three or more times in a semester
- Participate in scheduled bi-weekly virtual S-STEM Scholars Club meetings during club hours on Thursdays
- Participate in research and internship opportunities in STEM and Allied Health related fields
- Attend and present your research findings at Science & Health Expo on campus
To access the application, you will need to enter your full CUNYfirst login credentials. That is, CUNYfirstUsername@login.cuny.edu and the password.
Questions? Interested? You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.