The CRSP program goal is to increase the participation of CUNY community college students in faculty-mentored research in science and technology. CRSP participants must be full-time students majoring in a STEM , Social Sciences and Behavioral Science fields. CRSP is a rigorous program that provides $4000 for a 1-year commitment to mentored research through one academic year and summer. CRSP students are required to give oral presentations, poster presentations, attend career development seminars and produce a publication-quality research poster.
Who is eligible?
- Full time with at least 12 credits completed
- GPA must be 2.7 or above
- STEM Major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and other majors will be considered
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Prefer you have an existing relationship with the BCC STEM faculty member you have chosen to be your mentor. Ideally, the research between mentor and student has already been established prior to entering the CRSP, but can assign a mentor
- Must be willing to commit to one year/ at least 320 hours of research related activity with their mentor as a BCC student:
What are the benefits?
- Stipend for student researchers
- Faculty mentored research
- Opportunity to present research projects
- Career development seminars
- Producing a publication-quality research poster