2022 COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION
Congratulations Graduates! We are pleased to announce that Bronx Community College’s 62nd Commencement ceremony will be held on campus and in-person. All graduates’ names will be announced as they walk across the stage to be congratulated by BCC President, Dr. Thomas Isekenegbe.
View the recorded live stream of the Bronx Community College’s 62nd Commencement Exercises.
DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION:
Bronx Community College’s 62nd Commencement Ceremony will be on Friday, June 3, 2022. The ceremony will be outdoors and in-person on BCC’s Ohio Field. Graduates should arrive to campus at 8:30 AM for the start of lineup. The ceremony begins promptly at 9:30 AM. Please leave personal items (i.e. backpack, gifts,) with your guests. Balloons are not allowed on campus.
The ceremony will be LIVE streamed on the commencement website for your viewing pleasure.
Date: Friday, June 3, 2022
Time: Graduates arrive at 8:30 am
Location: Ohio Field
Please note, this event is held outdoors, rain or shine. Mask wearing is not required but encouraged. Additionally, there will limited socially distance seating available on a first come basis.
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES:
- Last day to order Cap & gown in person pick up grad fair – April 25, 2022 (see link below to order)
- Last day to order Cap & gown for ship to home – May 9, 2022
- Graduation Fair – May 31, 2022 from 11 AM – 6 PM
- Graduation Rehearsal – June 2, 2022 at 3 PM
- Commencement Day – June 3, 2022 arrive at 8:30 AM
GRADUATION ELIGIBILITY :
To participate in the BCC commencement ceremony, you must be eligible to graduate. Visit the Office of the Registrar webpage for information on the following: Graduation – Bronx Community College (cuny.edu)
- Degree Audit Process
- Instructions on Applying for Graduation
- Graduation Requirements
- Graduation Status
PARTICIPATION IN 2022 COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES OWING ONE COURSE:
To participate in the 2022 commencement ceremony, students must have completed graduation requirements as listed in the Bronx Community College Catalog on page 83. Students with one outstanding course may be approved to participate in Commencement with the completion and submission of the Request to Participate Form. For more information on graduation verification, please consult your academic advisor and/or email Gradunit@bcc.cuny.edu.
ACCESS TO THE CEREMONY:
- All visitors, graduates and guests must provide proof that they (i) are fully vaccinated or (ii) have had a negative COVID-19 molecular (PCR) test performed by an accredited lab no more than 7 days prior to the visit.
- Graduates do not need a ticket to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Graduates will be provided two free (2) tickets for their guests. Tickets are required for guests to enter the campus and access the ceremony seating area. Additional tickets are not available.
- Tickets will be distributed to graduates at the college during the Graduation Fair on May 31, 2022 in Roscoe Brown Student Center room 211 between the hours of 11 AM – 6 PM.
- Only children under the age of two (2), who will remain on an adult’s lap, will not need a ticket.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- If a graduate or his/her guest needs special arrangements for seating or obtaining the degree on-stage because of a disability, please contact the Office of Disability/Accommodations 718-289-5874, email Maria.Pantoja@bcc.cuny.edu or visit our office in Loew Hall 213.
CAP, GOWN & HOOD ORDERING:
Cap, gown & hood is available for purchase online: https://bccstudent.shopoakhalli.com/
- Last day to order for in person pick up at Graduation Fair: April 25, 2022.
- Last day to order for ship to home: May 9, 2022 (shipping & handling fees apply)
Gowns ordered for in person pickup will be distributed to graduates at the college during the Graduation Fair on May 31, 2022 in Roscoe Brown Student Center room 211 between the hours of 11 AM – 6 PM.
We are proud that this year all of the regalia worn by BCC graduates at Commencement will be environmentally sensitive. All graduates will be wearing eco-friendly GreenWeaver® regalia. This line of graduation wear is made of fabric spun from molten plastic pellets produced from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, with an average of 23 bottles used to make each gown! Since 2019, Bronx Community College has diverted over 108,215 plastic bottles from landfills!
For questions regarding your order please call: 540-387-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DURATION OF CEREMONY:
The Commencement Ceremony is expected to last about 3-hours. All graduates’ names will be announced as they walk across the stage to be congratulated by BCC President, Dr. Thomas Isekenegbe. Graduates must stay until the ceremony concludes. Graduates will receive their Diploma Covers only AFTER the ceremony has ended.
Graduates have the option of taking senior portraits on-campus or at the photo studio. Please make an appointment for your portraits using the website www.thorntonstudio.com with school code 02692 or by calling 212-647-1966. Walk-ins are not accepted at this time.
Graduates who choose to take senior portrait on campus must students in person or hybrid must show Cleared4 access pass or BCC mobile app with green boarder. Fully online students must be prepared to provide proof that they (i) are fully vaccinated or (ii) have had a negative COVID-19 molecular (PCR) test performed by an accredited lab no more than 7 days prior to the visit.
- May 4, 5, 6, 23, 24 from 10am-6pm in Roscoe Brown Student Center (BC) 211, by appointment ONLY.
- By appointment ONLY (212-647-1966, school code 02692)
CLASS RINGS, DIPLOMA FRAMES & PLAQUES
Rings: Students can purchase Class Rings online: www.herffjones.com/college/rings
Available discount codes:
$300 OFF 10K Use Code: HJRING300
$400 OFF 14K Use Code: HJRING400
$500 OFF 18K Use Code: HJRING500
$100 OFF AURISTA AND EXTREME SILVER Use Code: HJRING100
$125 OFF WHITE ULTRIUM Use Code: HJRING125
For additional information, please use their website www.HerffJones.com
Order your custom Diploma Frame online: www.framingsuccess.com
Standard: $0.00 Non-glare: $20.00 Conservation: $20.00 Conservation Non-glare: $29.00. Standard – Sturdy, scratch-resistant 2.5mm glass exceeds industry standards. Non-Glare – Enhances the beauty of framed pieces with a matte-like finish that minimizes unwanted glare. Conservation – Effectively blocks up to 99% of UV light rays to help protect from fading and deterioration.
Take Advantage of Free Home Shipping with Promo Code SHP22 at Checkout
Order your plaques: www.fondmemoriesgraphics.com
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
Due to ongoing construction at BCC, parking on campus is limited. Limited parking will be available for students and their guests on a first come first served basis. We recommend using public transportation to arrive at BCC on Commencement Day. Click here for directions to the campus: http://www.bcc.cuny.edu/directions/
Please be advised that any CUNY/BCC student participating in the commencement ceremony may be photographed during the event and that these photos may be used by CUNY/BCC for publicity, marketing and other purposes. Any students choosing to attend a commencement ceremony should understand that their images can be used by CUNY/BCC or anyone else authorized by CUNY/BCC without that student’s knowledge or written consent.