Degree Audit Process
A degree audit is a series of administrative procedures that determine if a student has met his/her degree requirements.
Students must check the Academic Calendar for the deadline to submit an application for graduation.
Students who file late cannot be evaluated in time to participate in commencement exercises.
Apply for Graduation
To obtain a degree or certificate from the college, an application for graduation is required. Students in their final semester must access CUNYfirst and submit an application for graduation. If all requirements are not met by the end of the final semester of attendance, the student must reapply for graduation in order to be considered for a subsequent semester.
Contact Graduation Unit
Colston Hall [CO] Room 513
Mondays – Thursdays
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Instructions on Applying for Graduation
For an official review of your academic record, apply for graduation online using CUNYfirst.
Log in to CUNYfirst: Student Center > Graduation > Apply for Graduation
- Click Program: Undergraduate
- Select the Expected Graduation Term from the drop-down
- Click the Continue button
- Submit Application
- Students may use the Student Center to track the progress of their graduation application.
Please review your full name, home address, telephone numbers and email accounts in CUNYfirst to ensure all of your contact information is current.
Students must satisfy the following requirements:
- Earned 60 or more credits toward their degree (by the end of their final semester). At least 30 credits must be taken on campus and applicable toward their degree.
- Certificate Program requires 30 credits towards the program and at least 15 of those credits must be taken on campus.
- Review your online Student Advisement DegreeWorks Audit. (Please check link on website. It has been corrected here.)
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 (overall and toward a degree).
- Satisfactorily completed two writing intensive courses (for students who entered BCC in Fall 2004 or later).
Some degrees contain additional graduation requirements not listed above. For specific graduation requirements in your degree, please consult with your academic advisor or review the current College Catalog.
After submitting the application for graduation via CUNYfirst, students may track the progress of their graduation application.
Instructions to View Graduation Status
Login to CUNYfirst: Student Center > Graduation > View Graduation Status.
There are seven statuses:
- Eligible to Apply– Based on the total number of credits completed so far, CUNYfirst has determined the student is eligible to submit an application for graduation online.
- Applied for Graduation– The application for graduation has been received by the Office of the Registrar and is currently in queue for review.
- Program in Review– The application for graduation has been reviewed by the Office of the Registrar. Awaiting further action from the student.
- Pending – The application has been reviewed by the Office of the Registrar. Awaiting the satisfactory completion of the semester and all degree requirements.
- Approved – Everything is in order. The application for graduation has been reviewed by the Office of the Registrar and the student has been placed on the graduation list.
- Withdrawn – The application for graduation has been withdrawn. Student must reapply for graduation at a future date.
- Degree Awarded– Degree has been officially awarded. Congratulations on your achievements!
We are happy to announce that CUNY contracted with Parchment LLC to be the diploma source for its schools. Effective January 2021, graduates and those ordering a duplicate diploma will now receive authentic and verifiable digital and hardcopy credentials.
Approximately 6-8 weeks after their graduation date, students should expect to receive email and text messaging notifications from Parchment LLC to claim their electronic diplomas and about when the hardcopy will be mailed. For more information and to reach their Member Support Services, please visit Parchment LLC’s website (https://www.parchment.com/claim-your-diploma/).
Please review your full name, home address, mobile number and preferred email account in CUNYfirst, as this is the information Parchment LLC will use to deliver your diploma to you.
For students who have negative service indicators which preclude the distribution of diplomas, please contact the appropriate office(s) to resolve the hold.
For graduates prior to Fall 2020, if you have not received your diploma, please contact us to arrange to pick it up. Please visit the office’s main webpage for the current hours of operation. We recommend that you send a detailed email to the Graduation Unit (email@example.com) specifying your full name, EMPLID, major, graduation year, and past & current addresses to confirm that your diploma is available.
If you need verification of graduation, you may request a transcript at www.bcc.cuny.edu/registrar/transcripts, or request enrollment verification via CUNYfirst > Student Center > My Academics.
Thank you and congratulations on your achievements!
There are two ways graduates may order duplicate diploma credentials (i.e., digital and hardcopy) for a standard $30.00 non-refundable fee.
First, by ordering via the Parchment LLC portal. You will be asked to provide identifying information regarding your academic career at Bronx Community College. Required payment will be made directly to Parchment LLC.
Second, by submitting the Duplicate Diploma Request Form. The $30.00 non-refundable fee must be payable by money order to Bronx Community College Bursar’s Office. No personal checks will be accepted.
- A duplicate diploma will be issued ONLY in the event that the original diploma was lost, damaged, stolen, or if there is a name change.
- If there is a name change, please provide any one of the following documents: court order, marriage license, or divorce documentation.
Bronx Community College regrets that we cannot be responsible if the diploma is lost, stolen, or damaged in the mail. In the event that you do not receive your diploma or it is damaged, you will be responsible for ordering a replacement copy and for all associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.