Notice to Spring 2020 graduates regarding diplomas: Please click here.
Notice to Summer 2020 graduation candidates: If you have not applied for graduation, please complete the Application for Graduation and submit it via Dropbox or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already applied, please be advised that the Graduation Unit is currently in the process of evaluating students for graduation. Please see Diplomas section below for more information. The Summer 2020 Conferral Date is September 1st, 2020.
Notice to Fall 2020 graduation candidates: Please see information below on how to view your graduation status and apply for graduation. If you do not have a link available in CUNYFirst, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The last day to file for Graduation for January 2021 is November 13th, 2020.
Degree Audit Process
A degree audit is a series of administrative procedures that determine if a student has met his/her degree requirements.
Students must check the Academic Calendar for the deadline to submit an application for graduation.
Students who file late cannot be evaluated in time to participate in commencement exercises.
Apply for Graduation
To obtain a degree or certificate from the college, an application for graduation is required. Students in their final semester must access CUNYfirst and submit an Application for Graduation. If all requirements are not met by the end of the final semester of attendance, the student must reapply for graduation in order to be considered for a subsequent semester.
Contact Graduation Unit
(On campus office-Temporarily closed)
Colston Hall [CO], Room 513
Virtual Office hours
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Instructions on Applying for Graduation
For an official review of your academic record, apply for graduation online using CUNYfirst.
Login to CUNYfirst: Campus Solutions > Click Self Service > Student Center > My Academics > Apply for Graduation
- Click Academic Program: Undergraduate
- Select the Expected Graduation Term from the drop-down
- Click the Continue button
- Submit Application
- Students may use Self-Service to track the progress of their graduation application.
Please review your home address, telephone number and email account in CUNYfirst to ensure all of your contact information is current.
Students must satisfy the following requirements:
- Earned 60 or more credits toward their degree (by the end of their final semester). At least 30 credits must be taken on campus and applicable toward their degree.
- Certificate Program requires 30 credits towards the program and at least 15 of those credits must be taken on campus.
- Review your online Student Advisement DegreeWorks Audit.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 (overall and toward a degree).
- Satisfactorily completed two writing intensive courses.
Some degrees contain additional graduation requirements not listed above. For specific graduation requirements in your degree, please consult with your academic advisor or review the current College Catalog.
After submitting the application for graduation via CUNYfirst, students may use Self-Service to track the progress of their graduation application.
Instructions to View Graduation Status
Login to CUNYfirst: Click Campus Solutions > Self-Service > Degree Progress/Graduation View Graduation Status There are five types of graduation statuses
- Eligible to Apply – Based on the total number of credits completed so far, CUNYfirst has determined the student is eligible to submit an application for graduation online.
- Applied for Graduation – The application for graduation has been received by the Office of the Registrar and is currently on queue for review.
- Program in Review – The application for graduation has been reviewed by the Office of the Registrar awaiting further action from the student.
- Need to Finish Pending Work – Everything is in order. The application for graduation has been reviewed by the Office of the Registrar and the student has been placed on the graduation list.
- Degree Awarded – Degree has been officially awarded.
Generally, graduates will receive notification from the Registrar’s Office informing them to pick up their diploma approximately 6-8 weeks after their graduation date. However, due to the current COVID-19 health crisis and temporary office closure, we do not have access to diplomas at this time. You will be notified when your diploma is available.
Please review your home address, telephone number and email account in CUNYfirst to ensure that all of your contact information is current.