Residency for Tuition Purposes
Students applying for in-state tuition must have resided in New York State for at least one year prior to the first day of class for the semester in which they are applying. Students must submit the following documentation:
- Residency Checklist
- Instructions for the Completion of the City University Residency Form
- City University of New York Residency Form
- Alternate Lease Statement
All new students who wish to apply for New York City resident status must do so in the Office of Admission, Loew Hall [LO], Room 224.
Out of City Residence – Certificate of Residency
If you reside in New York State but outside of the five boroughs of New York City, you will also need to submit a Certificate of Residency Form.
Undocumented and Out-of-State Student
A law provides in-state (resident) tuition benefits to certain undocumented students. You may qualify for the lower in-state tuition if you meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You attended an approved New York State high school for two years and graduated from an approved New York State high school and applied for attendance at CUNY within five years of receiving a New York State high school diploma
- You attended an approved New York State program for General Equivalency Diploma (GED) exam preparation, received a GED issued within New York State and applied for attendance at CUNY within five years of receiving a New York State General Equivalency Diploma
- You were enrolled in CUNY in the Fall 2001 semester or quarter and were authorized by CUNY to pay tuition at the resident rate. Thus, a student who attended CUNY in the Fall 2001 semester and paid the resident rate does not have to satisfy either condition 1 or 2 above.
Nursing Eligibility Requirements
Nurses Service Organization (NSO) is prohibited from covering individuals who do not have legal status in the United States. The City University of New York cannot allow the admission of undocumented students into the clinical component of CUNY’s nursing programs. Please click here for more details http://www.bcc.cuny.edu/Registrar/Documents/Nursing_Eligibility_Requirements.pdf
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document.