The College has one annual commencement ceremony at the end of the Spring semester. The graduating class consists of students whose degrees were awarded from September of the previous year through June of the current year (e.g., September 2018 through June 2019).
For information regarding the Commencement Ceremony please visit the Office of Student Life’s Commencement website.
The following degrees are awarded:
- Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS) prepares students for entry into a specific career area immediately after graduation.
- Associate in Science Degree (AS) and Associate in Arts Degrees (AA) prepare students to transfer to a baccalaureate program.
- Certificate Programs are designed for individuals who wish to upgrade their skills but are not currently seeking college degrees or who wish to add another specialization to their degree.
Degrees are awarded four times a year:
- January (for students finishing requirements in the Fall semester)
- February (for students finishing requirements in the Winter session)
- June (for students finishing requirements in the Spring semester)
- September (for students finishing requirements in the Summer session)
Bronx Community College will confer a degree upon a student who has completed all College requirements towards graduation. However, a student must also be in good standing with the College in order to graduate and receive a degree. Accordingly, a student who has completed all academic requirements will not be eligible to graduate or receive a degree until any outstanding financial balance or disciplinary matter against him/her has been resolved and any disciplinary penalty completed.
Records are sealed after graduation
No changes may be made to the academic record (transcript) after the degree has been awarded.
Transcripts reflecting the award of your degree
A statement of the degree awarded will be posted on your official transcript before you receive your diploma. To request your transcript to be held until the degree is posted, a student must check the specify box on the transcript request form.
All obligations whether academic and/or financial must be cleared before your records will be released.
You will be notified when your diploma is available to be picked up in the Office of the Registrar.
Please review your home address, telephone number and email account in CUNYfirst to ensure that all of your contact information is current.