2023 COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION
Congratulations Graduates! We are pleased to announce that Bronx Community College’s 63nd Commencement ceremony will be held on campus and in-person. All graduates’ names will be announced as they walk across the stage to be congratulated by BCC President, Dr. Thomas Isekenegbe.
View the recorded live stream of the Bronx Community College’s 62nd Commencement Exercises.
DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION:
Bronx Community College’s 63rd Commencement Ceremony will be on Friday, June 2, 2023. The ceremony will be outdoors and in-person on BCC’s Ohio Field. Graduates should arrive to campus at 8:30 AM for the start of lineup. The ceremony begins promptly at 9:30 AM. This year’s keynote address to the graduates will be provided by Letitia James, New York State Attorney General.
Please leave personal items (i.e. backpack, gifts,) with your guests. Balloons are not allowed on campus.
The ceremony will be LIVE streamed on the commencement website for your viewing pleasure.
Date: Friday, June 2, 2023
Time: Graduates arrive at 8:30 am
Location: Ohio Field
Please note, this event is held outdoors, rain or shine. Mask wearing is not required but encouraged. Additionally, there will limited socially distance seating available on a first come basis.
Letitia “Tish” James, the 67th Attorney General for the state of New York, will be the commencement speaker and receive the President’s Medal of Honor at Bronx Community College on June 2. When she was elected in 2018, she became the first woman of color to hold statewide office in New York and the first woman to be elected Attorney General.
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES:
- Last day to order Cap & gown in person pick up grad fair – April 21, 2023
- Last day to order Cap & gown for ship to home – April 21, 2023
- Graduation Fair – May 25 & 30 2023 from 10am-6pm
- Graduation Rehearsal – June 1, 2023 at 3 PM
- Commencement Day – June 2, 2023 arrive at 8:30 AM
GRADUATION ELIGIBILITY :
To participate in the BCC commencement ceremony, you must be eligible to graduate. Visit the Office of the Registrar webpage for information on the following: Graduation – Bronx Community College (cuny.edu)
- Degree Audit Process
- Instructions on Applying for Graduation
- Graduation Requirements
- Graduation Status
PARTICIPATION IN 2023 COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES OWING ONE COURSE:
To participate in the 2023 commencement ceremony, students must have completed graduation requirements as listed in the Bronx Community College Catalog. Students with one outstanding course may be approved to participate in Commencement with the completion and submission of the Request to Participate Form. For more information on graduation verification, please consult your academic advisor and/or email Gradunit@bcc.cuny.edu.
- Graduates do not need a ticket to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Graduates will be provided two free (2) tickets for their guests. Tickets are required for guests to enter the campus and access the ceremony seating area. Additional tickets are not available.
- Tickets will be distributed to graduates at the college on May 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31 and June 1st at the Campus Service Center in Roscoe Brown Student Center during normal business hours, 9am-5pm.
- Student must present their BCC ID to receive their tickets.
- Only children under the age of two (2), who will remain on an adult’s lap, will not need a ticket.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- If a graduate or his/her guest needs special arrangements for seating or obtaining the degree on-stage because of a disability, please contact the Office of Disability/Accommodations 718-289-5874, email Maria.Pantoja@bcc.cuny.edu or visit our office in Loew Hall 213.
CAP & GOWN:
Graduates: There is still time to purchase a BCC cap and gown and attend your Commencement Ceremony!
To purchase your cap and gown in person go to RBSC, room 211 on:
- May 25th from 10 to 6pm or
- May 30th from 10 to 6pm
Price is $40 for cap, gown, hood and tassel.
Gowns ordered for in person pickup will be distributed to graduates at the college during the Graduation Fair on May 25th and 30th in Roscoe Brown Student Center 211 from 10am-6pm.
Faculty: There is still time to rent your regalia and attend the Commencement Ceremony!
To rent your regalia, and for your convenience, go to:
- June 1st from 10 to 6pm (RBSC, 211)
- June 2nd from 7:30am to 9am (Meister, Lobby)
Price for Master Units are $47 & Doctor Units are $49.
DURATION OF CEREMONY:
The Commencement Ceremony is expected to last about 3-hours. All graduates’ names will be announced as they walk across the stage to be congratulated by BCC President, Dr. Thomas Isekenegbe. Graduates must stay until the ceremony concludes. Graduates will receive their Diploma Covers only AFTER the ceremony has ended.
Graduates have the option of taking senior portraits on-campus or at the photo studio. Please make an appointment for your portraits by calling 212-647-1966 or using the website www.thorntonstudio.com with school code 02692 for on-campus or studio for studio location.
Graduates who choose to take senior portrait on campus must students in person or hybrid must show Cleared4 access pass or BCC mobile app with green boarder. Fully online students must be prepared to provide proof that they (i) are fully vaccinated or (ii) have had a negative COVID-19 molecular (PCR) test performed by an accredited lab no more than 7 days prior to the visit.
- April 27th & 28th: Roscoe Brown Student Center 311A from 11am-6pm
- May 25, 26, 30, 31st: Roscoe Brown Student Center 311A from 11am-6pm
Appointments are encouraged, use school code 02692. Walk-ins are welcome but may expect some wait time.
- By appointment ONLY (212-647-1966, school code studio)
CLASS RINGS, DIPLOMA FRAMES & PLAQUES
Rings: Students can purchase Class Rings online: https://herff.ly/bronxcc
Available discount codes:
HURRY! ORDER NOW TO RECEIVE YOUR DISCOUNT OFFER:
$300 OFF 10K Use Code: HJDD$300
$400 OFF 14K Use Code: HJDD$400
$500 OFF 18K Use Code: HJDD$500
$100 OFF AURISTA AND EXTREME SILVER Use Code: HJDD$100
$125 OFF WHITE ULTRIUM Use Code: HJDD$125
For additional information, please use their website www.HerffJones.com
Order your custom Diploma Frame online: www.framingsuccess.com
Custom Diploma Frames & Certificate Frames – Framing Success: Bronx Community College Frame with Green/Gold Double mat
Standard: $0.00 Non-glare: $20.00 Conservation: $20.00 Conservation Non-glare: $29.00. Standard – Sturdy, scratch-resistant 2.5mm glass exceeds industry standards. Non-Glare – Enhances the beauty of framed pieces with a matte-like finish that minimizes unwanted glare. Conservation – Effectively blocks up to 99% of UV light rays to help protect from fading and deterioration.
Take Advantage of Free Home Shipping with Promo Code SHP22 at Checkout
Order your plaques: www.fondmemoriesgraphics.com
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
Due to ongoing construction at BCC, parking on campus is limited. Limited parking will be available for students and their guests on a first come first served basis. We recommend using public transportation to arrive at BCC on Commencement Day. Click here for directions to the campus: http://www.bcc.cuny.edu/directions/
Please be advised that any CUNY/BCC student participating in the commencement ceremony may be photographed during the event and that these photos may be used by CUNY/BCC for publicity, marketing and other purposes. Any students choosing to attend a commencement ceremony should understand that their images can be used by CUNY/BCC or anyone else authorized by CUNY/BCC without that student’s knowledge or written consent.