For the OER Faculty Development Workshop click here.
Open Educational Resources (OER) FIG is a faculty-led group with interests in creating, using and improving freely accessible, openly licensed text, media, and other assets, digital or otherwise, that are useful for teaching, learning, and assessing as well as for research purposes.
For more information about Open Educational Resources please visit the BCC Library OER Resource Guide.
Next steps to learning more about OER:
- OER FAQ – SPARC Foundation (https://sparcopen.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/OER-2016-Hill-Briefing-FAQ.pdf)
- Authoring OERs – CCCOER (https://www.cccoer.org/learn/helpful-resources/authoring/)
- Authoring Accessible OERs – MERLOT (http://oeraccess.merlot.org/authoring_oer/index.html)
- How OERs can foster equity – NAACP (https://www.naacp.org/campaigns/open-education-resources-equity-opportunities/)
- Open Education Group – Socially responsive research that concretely improves society (http://openedgroup.org/review)