Latinas in Higher Education Conference
Our Journey…Our Legacy ~ Nuestra Trayectoria…Nuestro Legado
The Association for Latino Faculty and Staff, in collaboration with the President’s Office, and Womxn Up! Resource Center are organizing the first Latinas in Higher Education Conference at Bronx Community College. The mission of this historic event is to celebrate and highlight the scholarship, service, and contributions of Latinas faculty and staff. The conference attendance and call for proposals are open to our CUNY colleagues and Bronx community-based organizations.
Our committee seeks cross-disciplinary, cross-campus and cross-community, as well as groups and individuals to lead discussions and share success stories, ideas, and strategies that can impart their scholarship, service, experiences, and contributions to the college community.
The Latinas in Higher Education Conference aims to celebrate the inclusivity and representation of all race, ethnicity, gender, and identities of faculty and staff. LGBTIQA+, Afro-Latina, and Latinx diaspora are highly encouraged to submit a proposal for any track related to their area of expertise. We welcome presentations from different academic and non-academic disciplines, including administrative and student support areas.
The Association of Latino Faculty and Staff serves as an advocacy and support organization for the Latino faculty, staff and students at Bronx Community College. The Association reviews and acts upon the issues of concern to Latino faculty, staff and students in the following areas:
- The recruitment, admission and retention of Latino students to the College.
- Academic issues and concerns directly or indirectly related to the Latino faculty, staff and students at Bronx Community College.
- Student support services: including academic and career advisement, financial aid, scholarships, co-curricular life, and other related areas.
- Relations between the Latino faculty, staff and students of the College and the outside community.
- Opportunities for the recruitment, employment, reappointment, advancement/promotion of Latino faculty and staff at Bronx Community College.