Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The application can be completed online at You can submit documents to us via email at To get a better idea as to what to submit and the steps, please click here.

  • We offer over 40 academic programs, you can find all our majors and academic programs here.
  • Full-time NYC residents or NYS residents with a Certificate of Residency – approximately $2,400 per semester – full-time is 12 credits or more (about 4 classes)
  • Part-time NYC/NYS residents – $210 per credit plus student fees
  • Part-time/full-time non-residents (including international students) – $320 credits per credit plus student fees
  • Non-degree students (NYC/NYS residents with a Certificate of Residency) – $265 per credit plus student fees
  • Non-degree students that are non-residents – $420 per credit
  • You can find more information as to tuition rates here

Yes! please click here for our walk-in hours. You can also schedule a campus tour by clicking here.

Please email us at so we can check if your application can be reactivated for the current semester. You should also check your email as we may have already sent you an email asking you to reactivate your application.

You can create a CUNYfirst account by going to, hovering over login, clicking CUNYfirst, and then selecting New User. Follow the steps to create your account. You can also find more information on how to do this on the CUNY website to and then selecting check application status

The application fee is paid to the City University of New York (CUNY) and they are the only ones that can provide fee waivers. If you have submitted the application already, write us an email to and we can provide some resources on a case-by-case basis.

You will get an acceptance letter via email as well as via regular mail – you can also check your application status and admission by logging into your CUNYfirst account.

Once you have completed the admissions process, you will get an email with instructions to make an appointment with an academic advisor to register for courses. We may also call you to assist you with making the appointment.  You will be able to make your appointment for in-person or virtual. See your accepted student webpage for step by step instructions.

There is no separate application for ASAP.  If you are eligible for the ASAP program, you will receive a link to schedule an appointment with an ASAP advisor after you’ve been accepted to BCC.  If you feel you qualify for ASAP but did not get an opportunity to schedule an appointment with them, let your academic advisor know and they will refer you to the program.

If you were ever a registered student at BCC and either earned or attempted credits, then you must complete the readmit process with the Registrar’s office.  For further questions, please contact

Yes, we can defer your acceptance for up to one year. Please note that you must contact us after the upcoming semester starts so that we can defer you application for the following semester (for example, contact us in September to defer your fall application to spring).

Yes, you can check on your CUNYfirst after you’ve been accepted. You should also monitor your email for any requests from financial aid. If you have completed your application for financial aid but nothing shows on your CUNYfirst, please be sure to contact financial aid directly to Only they can check the status of your financial aid applications. Be sure to provide your CUNYfirst ID# (EMPLID) in your email.

You must submit your completed non-degree application and your official transcripts to us via email. You can find the application and steps here.

Please see the information above for non-degree students.

You will complete the same application online at and submit your admission documents directly to CUNY for assessment. Once your documents have been evaluated by CUNY (you will see this by checking your application status), you can contact us, and we will process your application. You can also wait for CUNY to completely process you and sends the admissions decision.

Please search the name of the country you graduated high school here, the results indicate the name of the high school diploma equivalent and therefore what you are required to submit as proof of to be eligible for admission.

To start the F-1 visa process, please contact the Office of International Student Services via email at Let them know you have been admitted and want to complete next steps for the visa.

Yes, you can study ESL through our Continuing Education programs – you can find their offerings here. You may also want to consider CLIP – the CUNY Language Immersion Program – if you are interested in that program, you must first complete the admissions process.

Yes, we have two free GED programs.  The Future Now program for students 16-24, and the Adult Education program.

Where do you want to go now?

Start your search here