Supplemental Instruction Sessions
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a form of curriculum–integrated academic support. Unlike tutoring which focuses on high risk students, SI focuses on historically “high risk” courses. SI also focuses on increasing pass rates and providing students with skills that can be generalized to other classes. SI utilizes a “non-remedial” approach to instruction and highlight learning that focuses on the courses and content rather than on students.
For the latest schedule, please call us at 718.289.5100 ext.3139 or visit the Learning Commons in Sage Hall, Room 202.
How are courses chosen for SI?
SI targets historically difficult courses. These courses tend to have high numbers of students who do not earn a passing grade or withdrew from the course. SI is designed to support faculty and is assigned to a subject due to what is being, not because of the manner in which it is being taught.
What is faculty asked to do?
The SI is intended to create additional work for the faculty. Faculty should allow SI leaders time to introduce the program to the class at the beginning of the term and time to make occasional in-class announcements. We ask that faculty encourage students to take advantage of SI. Faculty may collaborate with the SI leader to discuss the content of the sessions and the areas in which students are struggling. These interactions can be helpful to the SI leader as they prepare their sessions.
Students interested in becoming a SI Leader see the link below
Faculty members that would like to request an SI Leader see the link below
Tutoring Services & Schedules
- Schedule: Monday - Friday ; 9:00am-5:00pm ; Bliss Hall Room 303
- Degree Programs: Digital Arts: Graphic Design (AAS) / Digital Arts: Web Design (AAS)
- Tutoring available for ART 15, ART 79, ART 81, ART 86, ART 87, ART 89, ART 90, ART 91.
- Tutoring is available generally starting around the 2nd week of classes each semester. Once the tutor schedule has been established, hours for the study lab are posted throughout Meister Hall.
- Location: Meister Hall [ME], Room 418
- BIO 11/12 (GENERAL BIO I/II): This link will guide you to a website devoted to BIO11/12 students. You will find many helpful resources for studying Biology. http://sites.google.com/site/bio1112atbcc
- BIO 23/24 (Anatomy and Physiology I/II): This link will guide you to a website devoted to BIO 23/24 students. You will find many helpful resources for studying A&P. http://sites.google.com/site/bio2324atbcc
- Data & Accounting
- Meister Hall 329
- Monday / Wednesday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Tutoring available for available for CHM 02, CHM 11, CHM 12, CHM 17, CHM 31, CHM 32, ESE 11, ENV 11.
- Location: Meister Hall 816
- Monday: 9:00am – 8:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am – 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am – 8:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-11:00am / 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am-1:00pm
- Tutoring available for COMPUTER GRAPHICS.
- Location: Meister SO 8
- Monday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesday: 11:00am-1:00pm
- Friday: 1:30pm-6:30pm
- The Reading Lab provides one-on-one and group tutoring services for students in RDL 01, RDL 02 courses or who are preparing for the SMT and ACT. Tutoring in textbook reading and study skills is also available in education and other academic courses. One-on-One Tutoring takes place during the lab hours, by appointment, for students in education courses and other academic courses. Assistance is also available for course work which requires use of technology/ Blackboard or e-Portfolio. Tutors are able to provide assistance in the lab and online.
- Location: Colston 404
- Monday: 8:00am-9:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am-9:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am-9:30pm
- Thursday: 8:00am-9:30pm
- Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Tutoring available in Physics, Electronics, Engineering, and Astronomy.
- Location: Carl Polowczyk Hall (CPH) 209
- Monday: 10:00am-8:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am-8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Thursday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Tutoring available for all HLT, REC and PEA courses.
- Location: LOEW HALL 310
- Monday: 10:00am-6:30pm
- Tuesday: 12:00pm-2:00pm / 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-6:00pm
- Thursday: 12:00pm-3:00pm
- Tutoring available for HIS 10, HIS 11, HIS 20, GEO 10 and Historical Methods (All HIS courses).
- Location: COLSTON HALL 345
- Monday: 10:30 am-12:30 pm / 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Tuesday: 12:00-5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Thursday: 11:00am-7:00pm
- Friday: 10:30 am-12:30pm
- Tutoring available for all Mathematical courses.
- Locations: The Learning Commons (Sage Hall Room 202.)
- Monday-Friday: 10a.m.–8p.m.
- Saturday: 10a.m.–3p.m.
- Sundays @ the Math Lab (Carl Polowczyk Hall 303): 10a.m.–3p.m.
- Tutoring available in French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. On-line tutoring available in Italian.
- French - Colston 208
- Monday: 08:00am-3:50pm ; Colston 208
- Tuesday: 08:00am-09:50am / 03:00pm-05:50pm ; Colston 208
- Wednesday: 3:00am-5:50pm ; Colston 208
- Thursday: 3:00pm-5:50pm ; Colston 208
- Italian - Colston 236
- Monday: 01:30am-5:00pm
- Tuesday: 11:00am-02:30pm
- Wednesday: 01:30am-4:00pm
- Thursday: 11:00am-2:30pm
- Friday: 02:00am-6:00pm
- Spanish - Colston 208
- Monday: 10:00am-5:50pm
- Tuesday: 11:30am-2:50pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-2:50pm /4:00pm-5:50pm
- Thursday: 11:30am-3:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am-5:50pm
- Portuguese - Colston 208
- Monday: 10:00am-2:00pm /4:00pm-5:50pm
- Friday: 10:00am-03:00pm
- Tutoring available for PHM 10.
- Location: Carl Polowczyk Hall (CPH) 418
- Monday: 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Tuesday: 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Thursday: 12:00pm-2:00pm / 2:00pm-3:00pm (CPH 407)
- Tutoring Available in SOC 11, SOC 37, CRJ 11, CRJ 21, CRJ 22 CRJ 23, ECO 11, POL11, and LAW 65.
- Location: Colston 311
- Download Schedule