The Mission of the Learning Commons is to strengthen comprehensive learning, enhance retention and promote student success by providing students with academic support services through tutoring, supplemental instruction, skill development, and facilitation of peer-to-peer collaborations.
ON-CAMPUS (In-Person) TUTORING
Math & Science Tutoring
Summer 2022 Schedule
Monday – Friday || 12 pm – 6 pm
Temporary Location: Sage Hall, 1st floor (Writing Center)
No Appointment Needed
Writing Center Tutoring
Spring 2022 Schedule
Monday – Thursday || 12 pm – 6 pm
Friday & Saturday || 12 pm – 4 pm
Location: Sage Hall, Room 100
The link to schedule in-person appointments is posted in Blackboard on the Bronx CC Tutoring Tab
Specialized In-Person Tutoring
PHM 10 tutoring is available in Sage Hall, 1st Floor (appointment ONLY)
CHM 2 tutoring is available in the Math & Science Lab
For details, sign into Blackboard and click on the Bronx CC Tutoring Tab
Summer 2022 Schedule
Monday – Thursday || 11 am – 7 pm
Friday & Saturday || 10 am – 4 pm
Closed on holidays
24/7 Online Tutoring
How To Access Tutor.com through Blackboard.
1. Log into Blackboard and go to any of your courses.
2. In the course menu or sidebar, click on Tools.
3. Scroll to and click on Tutor.com. You should be connected automatically to Tutor.com.
4. If you are not connected automatically, please contact the Learning Commons.
5. Provide a reason for your session, then click on Connect Now.
Below is a list of BCC courses covered by Tutor.com.
|BCC Course||Tutor.com Offering|
|ART11||Art History & Appreciation|
|BIO23||Anatomy and Physiology|
|BIO24||Anatomy and Physiology|
|BUS51||Principles of Management|
|CHM17||Chemistry 1 & 2|
|COMM11||Writing or English|
|COMM12||Business and Organizational Communication|
|COMM22||Interpersonal and Small Group Communication|
|COMM34||Intercultural and Global Communication|
|CRJ11||Criminal Justice Intro|
|CSI30||Intro Computer Science|
|EDU10||Writing or English|
|HIS20||US/American History or Civic and Government|
|MTH31||Calculus I & Geometry|
|MTH5||Pre-Algebra, Pre-Algebra in Spanish, College Algebra|
|POL11||Civics and Government|
- Go to your Blackboard course
- Click the plus (+) sign in the upper-left of the left-hand course navigation pane, then choose “Tool Link.”
- Type “Tutor.com – BCC” in the Name field, then choose the Tutor.com BCC tool from the dropdown list.
- Check the “Available to Users” checkbox, then click “Submit.”
- The “Tutor.com” tool link for your course is now displayed in the left-hand course navigation bar.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Learning Commons.
Hours: Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m
ACADEMIC WORKSHOPS & NEWS
Schedule to be posted
ABOUT THE LEARNING COMMONS
What is the “Learning Commons”?
The Learning Commons is here to help you succeed in your classes and establish lifelong learning habits. We do this by providing FREE academic support through peer and professional tutoring in many subjects, and in general study skills as well. We are striving to create an inviting learning environment that is symbolic of BCC’s vision to invest in each student’s success.