Criminal Justice AA Course Requirements
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CURRICULUM (PATHWAYS)
60 Credits required for AA Degree
Curriculum Coordinator: Prof. Marjaline Vizcarrondo
A. English Composition (6 Credits)
B. Mathematical and Quantitative Reasoning1 (3 Credits)
C. Life and Physical Science2 (3-4 Credits)
SUBTOTAL: 12-13 Credits
A. World Cultures and Global Issues (6 Credits)
B. U.S. Experience in its Diversity (3 Credits)
C. Creative Expression (3 Credits)
D. Individual and Society (3 Credits)
E. Scientific World (3 Credits)
SUBTOTAL: 18 Credits
Students will complete a minimum of 12 credits of these requirements within the Flexible Core. Transfer students who have completed Common Core requirements at a previous institution will not be required to complete credits in excess of the 60-credit requirement.
- ART 11 Introduction to Art History OR ART 12 Introduction to Art History: Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East OR MUS 11 Introduction to Music OR MUS 12 Introduction to Music: A Multi-Cultural Survey of World Music (0-3 Credits)
- COMM 11 Fundamentals of Interpersonal Communication OR COMM 20 Public Speaking and Critical Listening (0-3 Credits)
- ENG3 English Elective (0-3 Credits)
- HISTORY4 Select ONE from History, Geography, OR Philosophy (0-3 Credits)
- HIS 20 American Nation (0-3 Credits)
- POL 11 American National Government (0-3 Credits)
- SOC 11 Sociology (0-3 Credits)
- SOC 31 Race and Ethnic Relations OR SOC 37 Social Inequality (0-3 Credits)
- PSY 11 Introduction to Psychology (0-3 Credits)
Additional Major Requirements
- SCIENCE LAB1 Science Laboratory (0-1 Credits)
- PEA Physical Education OR CPR 10 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (1 Credit)
- Free Electives (1-4 Credits)
Criminal Justice Requirements
- CRJ 11 Introduction to Criminal Justice (0-3 Credits)
- CRJ 21 Introduction to Criminology (3 Credits)
- CRJ 22 Introduction to Policing (3 Credits)
- CRJ 23 Introduction to Corrections OR LAW 65 Criminal Law and Procedures (3 Credits)
SUBTOTAL: 29-30 Credits
- Students who take or transfer with MTH 30 or MTH 31 will have fulfilled Required Core B and will reduce free elective credits by one.
- This requirement is satisfied if a student takes a 4-credit STEM variant course in Required Area C or Flexible Core E.
- Choose any ENG course from ENG 120-199.
- Choose from GEO, PHL or any HIS course other than HIS 20.